hey everyone.

being playing for around 2 years now.

looking to upgrade my electric guitar. Its a crappy starter squire. the sound is awful.

a friend of mine has a 1996 epiphone les paul standard. he said its a good one to get, for the music i like.

I'm into rhcp, pearl jam, radiohead, RATM, incubus, foo fighters, kyuss.

BUT! I know like 4 other people with the same guitars, i dont want to look like a clone, or a bandwagon jumper.

Is there another guitar out there that has the build quality of a epp les paul?

My Budget is £230

any help would be great. cheers.
I would go for a Epi Les Paul...
It fits in your budget and they are quite good... esspecially when you look at the prices for "real" Les Paul's and the difference in quality...

(p.s. an amp is a better investment then a new guitar, but I don't know if you have a good amp... A new guitar won't really effect your tone if you still have a crappy amp)
I'm not sure if it fits in your budget or not, but if you don't your guitar to look like a clone of your friends', you could look into an Epi Black Beauty, it has three humbuckers which makes it look different (and cooler IMO) than other Epi LP's.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
I've haven't played any squire strats, just their basses, even though i'm a guitar player, I'm guessing the squire strat isn't too bad. Anyways, if you've been playing for 2 years, I'd step up the guitar, tone is secondary to good playing, and without a decent axe, your playing will suffer. If you like the thin neck on your squire, I'd go with something like ibanez or maybe a mexican strat. just keep in mind how you want your neck to feel.
I'm hungry.
Quote by War-Ensemble
get ursel a Ibanez S470

Why would you recommend that? Did you even read his favorite bands?

An epi lp sounds good for your style of music, but a mexican strat would work well too. epiphone sg's and flying v's would suit your style, and they certainly look very different.
I have a Epiphone Les Paul Custom and i really enjoy it. I have had it for about 3 years now and I am still happy with it. The only thing that I am going to look for when I get another guitar is possibly a lighter and double cutaway body(an SG is what I'm looking at).Also, I wouldn't worry about getting a Les Paul because you know people who have them also.If you like it, get it.If i were you I would go to a guitar store and try out multiple guitars, LP's, SG's,Strats, or anything else that interests you so you can get a feel for all of them and find which one would suit you best.
Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Custom(Alpine White)
-Alvarez RD20S(Natural)
-Ibanez AE20E (Blue)
-Peavey Valveking half stack
-Crate Blue Voodoo 6212
-Boss ME-50
-BC Rich Warlock Exotic w EMG 81

Ashton's Magnum Myspace
www.indieguitars.com

there good, but might be a touch out of your price bracket. if they are that sounds a good deal my friend go for it!

as for the looking like your mates...how many people use strats or les pauls world wide? billions, so dont worry about it
I want you vincent745!

member #5 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join
Quote by Jimmy94
Why would you recommend that? Did you even read his favorite bands?

An epi lp sounds good for your style of music, but a mexican strat would work well too. epiphone sg's and flying v's would suit your style, and they certainly look very different.

i would recommend that because it has a very variable sound it can go from a strat tone to a lp tone and it also has its own typical ibanez sound
+ =