I'm formulating a plan to sell the two basses I have now to trade in for a much nicer bass assuming I can get enough money for it. It costs around 1000. The basses I'm selling I bought for 500 and 600 respectively. How much do you think I could sell them for?
well what kind of basses are they guy ?
New Demos (Oct. 11)

Dropoutoflifewithbonginhand
followthesmoke
towardtherifffilledland

Gear:
Vantage Mystery model Electric Guitar
Peavy TNT 115 Mid 80's model USA
Russian Big Muff
Ibanez 5 string
http://www.orionbluebook.com/orion/guitar-music.asp is a good source for determining how much a musical instrument is worth (Blue book value). Its only a 4.00 USD charge per instrument. Good if you are looking to buy or sell used
the first one I'm looking to sell is a Rockbass Corvette, and the 2nd is a Washburn Bantam. I'm going for a Warwick Corvette Standard
Those bantams are pretty cool with their whammy bars, Id say about 250 to 350 for that one.

The rock bass im not sure of.
New Demos (Oct. 11)

Dropoutoflifewithbonginhand
followthesmoke
towardtherifffilledland

Gear:
Vantage Mystery model Electric Guitar
Peavy TNT 115 Mid 80's model USA
Russian Big Muff
Ibanez 5 string
the Bantam I got didn't come with a whammy bar
it's also a 6 string, hence the high price

they are both really nice instruments, but the one I'm shooting for is even better
Typically you can only sell a used instrument (if you're talking about production models, customs are a different story) for half the original price payed, tops. As soon as you walked out the store with that guitar the value of it dropped by about half. You'd do very good to get $250 and $300, respectively, out of them.
Quote by Bumper
Typically you can only sell a used instrument (if you're talking about production models, customs are a different story) for half the original price payed, tops. As soon as you walked out the store with that guitar the value of it dropped by about half. You'd do very good to get $250 and $300, respectively, out of them.

Well now that really depends on the bass, how old it is, what condition it's in etc.. There are so many factors involved. ie, is your bass popular? in demand? rare colour? how many nicks and dents does it have? Also, it's much easier to get a decent price for a higher end bass. I only lost £150 on my Stingray and £130 on my Miller, but they were as good as new

Unfortunately, Ebay is killing the price of a lot of things, so it's worth having a look on there because thats where most people will look first. Dont expect to get anything more than what people are buying them on ebay for..

Good luck
Last edited by Applehead at Feb 14, 2007,