Page 1 of 6
Not a Mayhem fan, but were I to ever listen to, which singer did the best stuff, Dead or Maniac?

And as for LiL, I haven't heard it, but I have heard that live Mayhem is the best Mayhem.

And for an unrelated question, why do Necrolust, Deathcrush, and Pure Fucking Armageddon show up on like, every second album?
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Quote by Instrumetal
Not a Mayhem fan, but were I to ever listen to, which singer did the best stuff, Dead or Maniac?

And as for LiL, I haven't heard it, but I have heard that live Mayhem is the best Mayhem.

And for an unrelated question, why do Necrolust, Deathcrush, and Pure Fucking Armageddon show up on like, every second album?

Dead for sure. His vocals are rediculously inhuman, and the musicianship is much better overall. Plus, Maniac is a faggot, has horrible corpsepaint, and tries much to hard to be grim, IE covering his mic in razorwire and subsequently fucking up his hands. In relation to your question about Necrolust, Deathcrush, and Pure Fucking Armageddon, they show up quite a bit probably because they're the bands biggest songs and Mayhem albums are hard to find, plus they change subtle things in each recording.
Last edited by Nokturnus at Feb 14, 2007,
Arent those three their oldest songs. Beacuse I've heard Pure Fucking Armaggeddon with Euronymous vocals.
Wasn't it Maniac who done vox on Deathcrush????

Euronymous wasn't a bad vocalist for the few songs ive heard with him. Wasn't that great of a guitarist either lol

Dead wold be my fave. Attila annoys me.

When I came near losing my own life
It made me learn the true meaning of a smile
Quote by sevenchurches

Euronymous wasn't a bad vocalist for the few songs ive heard with him. Wasn't that great of a guitarist either lol

Dead wold be my fave. Attila annoys me.

Euronymous was before Deathcrush, you can download it from their website.
And you don't have to be technically skilled to make good music!

Edit: Attilla did a great job on the DMDS, specially on From the dark past.
i think my favourite mayhem release is Wolfs Lair Abyss, i love it, but IMO they havent released a bad album anyways
Surprisingly, I've heard almost no Mayhem, only a few tracks from De Mysteriis that I don't really remember enjoying very much.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by LedZeppelin
Surprisingly, I've heard almost no Mayhem, only a few tracks from De Mysteriis that I don't really remember enjoying very much.

You gotta listen to the classics, get live in leipzig for a starter
Lol i thought the vocals on DMDS were absolute balls

He sounds like the guy from Immolation if he was impersonating Abbath

Quote by <><
Try not to screw this one up.

Seeing as this is the metal forum I'm going to make a huge guess and say this is about the band mayhem and not Mayhem (crime), havoc and disorder, or Mayhem (album).

Anyway, they're decent. Not really my type of music but I think they've been hyped up alot more because of the whole murder controversy.
MAYHEM! \m/
Excellent band DMDS and wolfs lair abyss are probably my favorite albums. Maniac,attila,Dead all did good jobs on their albums.

Cant wait till their new album with ATILLA comes out may.4!
Quote by sevenchurches
Lol i thought the vocals on DMDS sucked absolute balls

Sorry, I like what I've heard off of De Mysteriis, but Attila sounds like a dying troll, and not in a crazy fun Finntrollish way.
Wow....not only does the ambiguously gay alarm flash around him throughout that video...but leave it to the f'ing frontman of the blackest black metal band ever to mess up corpsepaint...

Dude...Maniac...TOO MUCH WHITE.
My favorite in the band now is necrobutcher. "who the **** said that?! **** them!" Where did you guys find recordings of euronymous singing? I must here this.
Quote by Leonheart
Seeing as this is the metal forum I'm going to make a huge guess and say this is about the band mayhem and not Mayhem (crime), havoc and disorder, or Mayhem (album).

Anyway, they're decent. Not really my type of music but I think they've been hyped up alot more because of the whole murder controversy.

You do realize that mayhem's original meaning is to willingly cripple or disfigure, right?
Quote by Mr. President
^^I thought that was Maim?

I think there last two albums were pretty bad, there old sutff stould for something; but now? bleh.

Maim, disfigure, mutilate, hurt, brutalize, cripple, break, its all the same.
Quote by sevenchurches

Yes, and suprisingly, despite Maniac being such a homo that was Mayhem's best release.
Shadilay.
Quote by metal Lover
My favorite in the band now is necrobutcher. "who the **** said that?! **** them!" Where did you guys find recordings of euronymous singing? I must here this.

On their website, for free.
Quote by eternalgorias
Surprisingly, I enjoy the crazy budget drumbeats of Silverster Anfang.

Yes, that's a classic, but was it Hellhammer who played that, because it doesn't sound like his drummingstyle.
I was reading this in RALPH (mens magazine) , is it true? I reckon it's bullshit.

...dead from mayhem used to sniff a dead bird he carried around in a plastic bag before he went on stage...

Sounds like somthing that could have happened.
Quote by eternalgorias
I was reading this in RALPH (mens magazine) , is it true? I reckon it's bullshit.

...dead from mayhem used to sniff a dead bird he carried around in a plastic bag before he went on stage...

Sounds like somthing that could have happened.

True. He was also said to have buried his clothes in the ground for days so they could have the essence of death.
Dead was amazing though...new Mayhem is just shit. I listen to them so I can laugh at what they've become.
Quote by eternalgorias
Surprisingly, I enjoy the crazy budget drumbeats of Silverster Anfang.

Lol, i love the bit in Chainsaw Guts**** when the drums kinda kick in

Anyway, i think I downloaded a version of Freezing Moon with euronymous singing and he is much better than Attilla!

Deathgrush .

Probably my favorite album by Mayhem... They were so raw and non professional in that album that I just love it..

Thats were I got my Username! Necrolust, number 2 in the album..
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
LOL at Varg killing Euronymous. Both of them are idiots anyhow. Besides, Burzum>Gayhem anyways.

Dawn of Black Hearts was pretty decent though.
Quote by Everybody
Plus_the_Bear is the entertainment event of the holiday season!

My rig:

Ibanez Custom Chinese Fireball
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
2 Crate solid state half-stack cabinets and ampheads.
Digitech 2000 Whammy/Wah Pedal
Dunlops Picks
hell yeah.
mayhem owns man. listen to necrolust, deathcrush, freezing moon, pure ****ing armaggedon, and something crystilized in pain or some shit. good bm.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Don't go to college, start a metal band and go on tour.

Quote by (...)

My fate is clear. I must die for metal.
Quote by ChrisForce
listen to necrolust

I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
I. ****ing. Love. Mayhem.
Member of the Big Muff Club, PM sonicyouthsaves to join.

Quote by whyvern
I <3 Relient K and Christian Punx!

Up da jesus!!!!
NEW MAYHEM TOUR DATES FOR "FINAL" U.S. TOUR

like, idk look up on the internet. theyre going to chicago, new york, and some other places.
Quote by jthm_guitarist

Quote by (...)

Shite man its 21 and over. Dammit i swear one way or another im seeing Mayhem.
Quote by jthm_guitarist

Quote by (...)