I'm not sure I'd call the Warhead muddy, it's an acquired taste though. Of course, it is exactly what Dime used so if you were looking for that tone that would be the way to go. Not exactly an easy amp to find.

You'd do just fine with the following.

Randall RG150
Ampeg VH140-c
Crate GT3500h (reboxed Ampeg 140-c, awesome metal head)
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Just wondering, but did you try the Crate, Mudder?
Esp Ltd EC-400
Wylde Overdrive
Dano Eq
Fab Chorus
Boss Ns-7
Boss Me-50
Jcm 800 (to be replaced soon)

BIG
well the original warhead aint good on its own, needs several eqs and shit to sound good (believe me, ive got one, found out the hard way), the X2 however is fantastic out the box, doesnt need anythiing apart from a guitar to sound awesome. and the V2 is tube, so im not sure how it would sound for dimebag stuff, but IMO if your after dimebags tone you want to hunt down a RG100es head, they pop up on ebay regularly and will nail his tone.

as for sevendust, well ive never heard any of their stuff and I dont know what randalls they use so im not sure how an X2 or RG100es would sound for their stuff
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
Last edited by serbusfish at Feb 14, 2007,
Actually, the V2 has one channel with a 3 tube preamp, but still has a SS power amp.
Esp Ltd EC-400
Wylde Overdrive
Dano Eq
Fab Chorus
Boss Ns-7
Boss Me-50
Jcm 800 (to be replaced soon)

BIG
I've owned the Ampeg vh140-c and a friend of mine has the Crate, they're almost exactly alike and both are great for metal. Cleans are standard SS cleans, which mean to the right person they sound fine.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.