I've just bought my first Bass and I was wondering what songs are easy to play for beginners just like me.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
smells like teen spirit by nirvana is pretty easy and seven nation army by the white stripes is also pretty easy

Quote by Xeus
Teenage wasteland (i think its called..) by the Who

its actually called baba o'riley(sp?)
Fleetwood Mac - The Chain
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Cool I'll be taking a look at those then. I think that song IS Baba O'Riley actually. I'm a big fan of bands like Green Day and Oasis and other rock bands so I'm hoping to get to the point where I can play some of my favourite stuff. Any tips?
Holiday is a good Greenday song for a beginner on bass
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Try the introduction to califonication, it may take a while to get it good, but it is easier than it sounds, helps a lot with hammer on and pull off. Also builds up a lot of confindense (sp?)
Warwick Jazzman
Hartke 1415 140Watt
Boss Overdrive
i dont play bass but i have done another one bites the dust on my guitar and its pretty easy
My Guitar Stuff:
Alvarez RD20SC
PRS SE Custom
'71 Univox Hi-Flyer
Ibanez IJV50 Jam Pack
Line 6 Spider II 212 and FBV Express
If you like bands like oasis and green day, you'll have no problem finding songs with quite easy bass parts. Just try to play some songs you enjoy listening to
Last edited by kyrreca at Feb 14, 2007,
Quote by Xeus
Teenage wasteland (i think its called..) by the Who

The song is actually called Baba O'Reilly
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
The theme from peter gunn is probably one of the easiest and most recognizable bass lines ever. if you don't mind traveling in the way back machine that is. but as the posts above say, rock and punk are def the easiest to learn, at the very least you can get thru most songs just playing the root and 5th.
same here, i've been playing guitar for a year now, and im taking the switch to bass, i've found that lots of songs are easy on bass, try red hot chili pepper songs, they sound awesome and are pretty simple and as said above by some person (kudo to you) they are a confidence builder.
when im with you, there's nothing I wouldn't do, i just wanna be you're only one. im gasping out of straws, taken aback by what i saw that night before when we were all alone...
Animal I Have Become - Three Days Grace

I am thinking about switcing to bass, but what to I do with my guitar if I do switch?
yeah ive been wanting to play bass since ive found that playing with my fingers is very efficient and also very fun. Ive been playign every song i know trying to use my first three fingers

Rise Against - Like the Angel is very easy and fun.
errr, when i started playing bass i skipped all those, and went to RHCP, start with a bit harder songs and then play easy, thats what i did, i started playing 4 months ago,i think im in a good lvl now, i know a bit of scales, can play most of RHCP songs, slapping included, i practice 2 3 hours a day, so just start with harder then easier, helps a lot
start with "other side".
and if you really want to play easy song just play any of offspring or blink..
AbsentMind