|- - - - - -|
|- - - - - -|
|- - - - - -|
|- - 7- - -|
|- - 3- - -|
|- - - - - -|

i got very short fingers so i really don´t know how THIS can be possible...
is there any special technique?
play the 3rd fret A string with your index finger and the 7th fret D string with your pinky. It's not really a stretch. You should follow the one finger per fret rule as much as possible anyway.
Hi, I'm Peter
its not hard.....do as he^ said....it could help if you raise the leg you're resting your guitar on with a few books or something.
Or you could just play it:

D|--7--|
A|--x--|
E|--8--|

EDIT: Beaten to it.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
you could play the B flat on the G string (instead of 7th fret D string.. play 2nd fret on G string)...

|- - - - - -|
|- - - - - -|
|- - 2- - -|
|- - - - - -|
|- - 3- - -|
|- - - - - -|

the hardest part is muting the other strings... but at least you dont have to stretch
it shouldn't be a stretch to play across a span of 4 frets. If he can't play the way it's written, how could he ever do a box scale? There's no reason to take a shortcut with this.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
it shouldn't be a stretch to play across a span of 4 frets. If he can't play the way it's written, how could he ever do a box scale? There's no reason to take a shortcut with this.

Yes, he should be able to stretch across four frets, but if he's not comfortable playing chords that require stretches yet he can still play the chord an alternative way. That sort of thing comes with practice and experience. There's always more than one way to play a chord, who's to say the 4 fret stretch is the correct way?
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."