Hey, I've just changed strings (same gauge, different brand). Put on Ernie Ball Slinkie (sp).

Everything's alright, but the 6th (thick one) string is now giving away some buzzing noise when I play. It's more obvious when I turn the volume down, but it's still there when I'm playing thru my amp.

How can I fix this?
for rent
Have a look at the action, the string is vibrating and hitting off the fret markers - makes the buzzing noise. If you don't want to get your action set any higher, talk to someone about sanding the fret markers down a bit.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Maybe it's because I play in Drop D?! I don't remember it buzzing when tuned to Standard.
for rent
Quote by Gakusey
Maybe it's because I play in Drop D?! I don't remember it buzzing when tuned to Standard.

Ah, that would be because you have loosened the 6th string...it's going to flap around more. But, as you say, if it doesn't happen in standard, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Shitty one. Next question.

Though the tone is great, the buzzing is only there when the volume is down. When I actually play, it's great. I like my guitar...
for rent
LAf, that was pretty funny. he needs to know the bridge type.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
oh sorry, i just laughed to myself, so "LAF" usually comes out. just a habbit.

if it's a TOM i think he might be in a spot cause dropping the D is going to make that string so floppy the action will have to be put pretty high.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Yeah. I don't know, I wouldn't mind raising the action pretty high. I recently lowered mine on my SG, but to be honest, I was fine with it being way up there. He might not like that, though...

He could raise one post on the TOM, by like half a turn, and it would be fine - and probably cure the buzzing. Just would have to re-intonate.
Sorry guys, it's a Standard Strat. Tremolo bridge.

Sorry

Will appreciate any help!!!

But seriously, I'm the kind of person who doesn't know what is that in guitars I may be a shitty player (depends on what the standard is...), but I know my theory

Yeah, I know I can raise the action, the little thingies (saddles, they called?), but is it the only way?! You see, the action seems to be perfect (I mean, the height of all strings...), so it might not be the cause.
for rent

lower these two pegs with a tiny allen wrench to raise that string.
(you can just raise that string)

and if ur bridge is lifted then repost if u want to level it.

if u really dont want to raise that string, ull want to go wt a thicker string to tighten things up a bit.

*phil's pic
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

i saw ur edit. added in that a thicker gauge, will change the neck angle a little and tighten the tension on the downtuned string.

but really, it's just one string, it's not a big deal.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Yeah, the riffs in Drop D sound killer awesome, so I don't think it's that big a problem...

Thank you for all the help!
for rent