20 43%
No
5 11%
Get Something Else
20 43%
Don't get a Wah pedal
1 2%
Voters: 46.
I've been playing a while now, and have played with a few wah pedals in my time, and now I feel it's time to invest in one myself.

I want a good one (of course) and one that isn't going to crap out after a few months (like some that I have borrowed from friends before)

The one I had my eye on is the "Dunlop SW95 Crybaby Slash Wah Pedal"
And here is the image: http://www.harmony-central.com/ProductImages/Large/000001717.jpg

I've never used one, admittedly, but I've heard good things about it, and Slash is one of my guitar idols, so that is an influence as well.

What I am wondering is, is this a good idea purchasing this, especially when the lowest price for it is $169/£88

Please vote on the poll and leave a post if you have time

Thanks
~BlackLuster~
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Cool.

How much are you paying for it?

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Thanks slash-120

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Try it out and compare it to other wahs before you buy it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Slash 120 do you by any chance get total guitar? coz it says that in their review of the slash wah
Quote by slash-120
although the distortion button may not be a prob

what amp have you got?

Just some crappy 15 watt tube amp.
A new amp is next on my list
After getting a wah pedal.

Sounds illogical i know, but thats the way I'm going to do things, unless the price of the amp I want drops drastically

Y siempre
Y para siempre
only problem i think

is that to activate the distortion, you have to bend down, and risk dropping your top hat, and press a button

The button is designed so you can kick it with your heel, it's not a problem.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
try other ones- the vox wah is meant to be amazing
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Why don't you just try it out?

I wouldn't really use the Slash pedal though. The only extra it has is the distortion, and I think getting distortion from a pedal or amp would give you better tone.
Sent from my iPad.
I like it a lot, but I'm not going to run it on batteries, and I don't know anywhere where you can get an 18 volt adapter.

Besides that though, the video on YouTube convinced me that it is definitely worth getting.
It's definitely the kind of sound I'm trying to achieve.

Y siempre
Y para siempre
I love slash as much as anyone but this wah is s**t. The distortion is crap, the wah sound is really nice but IMO it would have been better if it just had a simple gain boost instead of all the bells and whistles. I think there's controls inside too that you can adjust like EQ and stuff but you need to take the bottom off to get to em. You'd be better of buying a normal crybaby
Quote by slash-120
well

seeing as though slash is one of his idols and he wants that tone

Slash doesn't use his sig wah and def. doesn't use a boost like the one built in on his wah.

If you want his tone, get a british voiced tube amp and don't crank the gain to 10.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
For you I think it wiuld be great, I too haven't played it but I hear alot of good stuff and it used to be alot more expensive.
Of course it would be good to try it out.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Feb 15, 2007,
Quote by slash-120
well

seeing as though slash is one of his idols and he wants that tone

yeah but if he really wants that particular tone he needs to splash out on a new amp- seeing as that will contribute to tone moreso than a wah pedal
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

that video sounded good, i was thinking about either the slash wah or the Ibanez Weeping demon 7. i have the original cry baby and it sounds bad, even worse than the wah on my boss me-50, either that or im worse on guitar than i thought
anyone know what is the better of these 2?
thanks
Quote by Yngwi3
yeah but if he really wants that particular tone he needs to splash out on a new amp- seeing as that will contribute to tone moreso than a wah pedal

Yeah but what kind of amp could the threadstarter get for around $150 that would get a Slash tone?

Also I haven't heard tooo many bad things about the Weeping Demon or the Slash wah, so I would just say to try them out and see which you prefer. I don't think you'd really go wrong with either. However i've never played these just saying what I read on preveious threads.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Feb 15, 2007,
I'd say yes based on that video. Sounds really nice. Although i haven't tried one yet myself as i own the Zakk Wylde one. I might have to get that as well, would be rude not too.

Slash is one of the best English guitarists around and that pedal sure does look sweet as well. You can always sell it again and get another one if its not quite what you're after. I did that with a Vox i bought without trying then got the ZW.
The LED on it is the only reason I'd say," yes ". Try it out and compare with others at your local GC and then get back with us.
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah but what kind of amp could the threadstarter get for around $150 that would get a Slash tone?
lol agreed- but does a wah affect tone that much? doesnt it just...well...wah differently? lol
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace