What is your take on political bands? Do you like em? Which is your favorite? Which ones do you hate? Post anything you want about it.
I personally can't stand em. I think if you have the platform to reach such a large audience, you should be responsible enough to try not to force your opinions on them. If I go to a concert, its for the music, not to hear some moron rant and rave about politics.
Rage Against the Machine and The Clash
Quote by zackk
seriously though, listen to DaliLama.
Quote by Arthur Curry
My spidey sense tells me some mothafuckas are gonna be BANNED.
i ****ing hate the clash!!! and true. when i go to a concert i dont want to hear about some dumb **** singing about his political views, i just want to rock out.
"part your lips a bit more, ill swallow your fear"
Personally, i like System of a Down. But i can't stand how green day did it. they were a good band and then they became political and are way over rated now
If they have a valid message then its good(rage against the machine), but if they are just jumping on the bandwagon cause its a popular thing to do at the time then its bad(green day)
I hate them, because the majority of them are on the left-wing side of the politcal spectrum. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know of ay right-wing bands?
Like em, depending on the way they do it. Rage and Soad are awesome.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Quote by DownInAHole.
The only ones I am fond of are RATM and the Sex Pistols (if they're political at all).

The Sex Pistols had some political stuff, but most of it was just nihilism.

I personally think that if a musican has political beliefs, then why shouldn't they put it in their music? It doesn't matter if you want to hear it, it's actual stuff that goes on. For example, if a band sang about sweatshop labor, people wouldn't want to accept it, they'd want to keep blindly consuming, so they'd go, "That band sucks, they try to force their opinions on people," when in reality, the issue is important.
I think political bands are fine, especially environmentally minded ones. My view is if someone has that kind of influence and impact on people, they should use it for the best. I know, what they say and believe may not be for the best of everyone, but they do have a right to an opinion. The environmentalists band are my favorite. They have that power to persuade people to look at our current issues and problems, most times, if they're particularly great, it can benefit everyone and shed light on somethings that need more attention and media.

My favorite environmentalist band is Green Day. I love and admire the work they've done and continue to do.
Cause I love feelin' dirty
And I love feelin' cheap
And I love it when you hurt me
So drive those staples deep
Quote by audiorage
If they have a valid message then its good(rage against the machine), but if they are just jumping on the bandwagon cause its a popular thing to do at the time then its bad(green day)

Who's to say they jumped on the bandwagon? They have more than just whining about politics like some artists and bands on that 'bandwagon'. If they did hop on, it was for the benefit of everyone considering the outstanding work they've done.
Cause I love feelin' dirty
And I love feelin' cheap
And I love it when you hurt me
So drive those staples deep
not to be typical when it comes to this but Anti-Flag

I think they are a little extreme at times (ex: they have felt the need to call the U.S. a communist country in the past) but overall, I don't feel as though they are forcing anything upon you. Instead they are informing you because your best defense in being informed. At their shows they took the time to let kids know that their information was being given out to the military unless they told the schools not to, otherwise it was hidden.
What's a politacal band?....all i heard of is political bands....but politacal??? lolz...
Bob dylan? CSNY? Joni Mtchell? RAGE? You can't deny there has been some great political music written. Also, without Slayer there wouldn't be Public Enemy's first album.
sex pistols
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
There are some good political bands artists. But I don't like it when some bands try to forcefeed their opinions to you like on Meat Is Murder by The Smiths. Some of my favourite ones..

Woody Guthrie
The Manic Street Preachers
Gang Of Four
Bob Dylan
Quote by metal_for_life
i ****ing hate the clash!!! and true. when i go to a concert i dont want to hear about some dumb **** singing about his political views, i just want to rock out.
Ignorance is bliss...
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Quote by anarchicpolo
Bob dylan? CSNY? Joni Mtchell? RAGE? You can't deny there has been some great political music written. Also, without Slayer there wouldn't be Public Enemy's first album.

yeah i don't listen to rap, so please elaborate on the slayer-public enemy situation
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
I don't really care about lyrics, but I think it's ridiculous to consider musicians the world experts on politics instead of politicians.

Maybe that's more of an actor thing. I haven't watched E in a while.
the politicians are ****ing morons, i wouldn't say they were experts on anything...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
RATM, The Clash, Dead Kennedys, Certain Radiohead Songs, Manic Street Preachers.