Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this:

I was messing around when I realized the short part of the strings by the bridge can be used for an alternate tremolo effect. I don't know if you guys have seen this, but play a note then with your picking hand by the bridge bend the string lightly back and forth. It sounds like any other tremolo, but I also found that it can be used to manipulate certain kinds of amp feedback. Is this bad for the guitar itself, and has anyone else seen this before?

NOTE: I do not have a whammy bar.

Please don't flame,
Thanks
well the tremolo basically does that anyway, its just the tremolo can go further. has anyone tried picking a note on, say the G string and pushing the two E strings closer to the other strings? that also works, you could also play a note and pull the low E string higher (closer to your body).
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Well, what I meant was that with this you can manipulate feedback without killing it as easily. I'll have to try your way, sounds interesting.
yeah, im gonna have to try manipulating feedback with it aswell sounds cool.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
I believe Nick McCabe used this technique alot during the Verves Psychadelic era. Like on "Gravity Grave" and "Star Sail" for example.

Check it out and tell me if that's what u mean.