say i was to buy a guitar nek with no fret markers and instead burn them in with a wood burner? would that effect the sound or anything? im jw cause custom necks are so much and i am making my friend his dream guitar.
i think it'd make it sound slightly better, nothing noticeable though use a fag to burn it on as it is the right size for a dot inlay. please post pics thanks.

BTW i hope your not american because fag means a different thing over there?
thats a very interesting idea,it shouldnt give u any problems unless you put the whole neck on fire..
IMO burning the wood might cause a rough spot that might snag the string while bending etc., unless you sand it, but if you sand it you will likely take off the burnt spot
yeah, most places will add dot markers for little to nothing.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by The_0thersid3

BTW i hope your not american because fag means a different thing over there?

Hahahahaha, I was like "What the hell?" until I read that.
This fag is hot enough to burn wood.

What do you want to burn into the wood? If you're worried about the strings snagging, you could fill the burn with epoxy.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
This fag is hot enough to burn wood.

What do you want to burn into the wood? If you're worried about the strings snagging, you could fill the burn with epoxy.

What the hell!! why burn it? just use a drill, on a slow RPM and a very [VERY] light touch... then use some epoxy as said above

(or maybe some stones, i think if you ask a jewellers nicely they'll cut some semi-precious stones into shape [hmm... tigers eye inlay... swish])

or you could tell me to shut up lol
My Gear (its soo lame )

Lindo Flame-Out, black
2x single 1x double hum. coils
Overlord of Music floyd-rose style bridge
locking nut (oh yea!!)
---
Squire SP10 Amp
Danelectric Fab metal dist.
DigiTech RP80 effects modeller
I've seen a lot of things made using a wood burner or burning iron or whatever you call it. And 0% of it has been any kind of pretty. Please, please, plz, pleeeez, puh-lease do not go anywhere near a guitar's neck with one of those things. Use the drill bit if you're lighthanded enough, then fill the rout with something.