Page 1 of 2
What I mean by this is, how do you see life. For example are you optimistic, sadistic, pesimistic? etc.

Im just wondering how people look at things in everyday society.
I mean, personally Im very pessimistic. I always expect bad things to happen. It usually does, but the way I see it is, if something bad happens and ive thought about it and also been expecting it, then it doesn't get me down (at it probably would an optimist). However, if something good does happen, then Im still pleased despite it going wrong or bad is what I expect.

Im just wondering about other peoples different 'outlooks'.

Discuss
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
My outlook is that nothing just comes to you. You need drive to make it in this world, especially as a musician.
"I worked hard. Anyone who works as hard as I did can achieve the same results.” ~ Johann Sebastian Bach
My friend was optimistic.

He drowned in a half-full bath.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
hm... i say whatever happens happens. take it as it is, and if you wanna change it, that's up to you.

edit: for most things anyway.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
athiest that believes in karma and that you need a lot of self-discipline
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Optimist. Life goes as it flows. I don't want to die but I don't want to die old. I want to make the most of my life but I'm here at the computer... so how will I achieve something?
I'm pessimistic and cynical, seeing no reason to do anything in life hoping the demise of human's comes far more quickly.
Quote by Tsunoyukami
I'm pessimistic and cynical, seeing no reason to do anything in life hoping the demise of human's comes far more quickly.

You sound like a lovely individual
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
Quote by Demonbreed
You sound like a lovely individual

I'm not particularily lovely, but I'm not dangerous, violent, persuasive or anythin if the sort. I admit that my views on life are rather ridiculous and such, but hey...yeah...
i'm a cynical bitch. if things go badly, i'm not surprised, and if good things happen, i look for the catch.

it doesn't make for a very happy life, but i don't honestly care, because i think everyone's a twat anyway ^.^
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Pretty optimistic and VERY laidback, apparantly TOO laidback a lot of the time. But what's to worry about? Came in with nothing, you go with nothing, **** it, do what you like!
I'm an optimist. I believe that life is a series of tests that you need to complete before the afterlife. Saying that, I do believe in God. To me, all i'm here for is to prove that I can endure life's greatest challange: to accomplish a good career, learn about care and remorse.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Changes all the time, depends on whats been happening. At the moment I seem to be stuck on how my life used to be so much better, and regretting some decisions. But im not gettin overly depressed about it, it'll pass anyway..
because i said so.
^yeah im the same. pessimistic, but i still enjoy most things etc. i dont trust people anymore, which makes life easier =)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Quote by somewhat_here

i wish i was fat so i can buy xxl clothes during liquidation
People (those being my parents) say I'm pessimisstic. I actually enjoy life, and I consider myself extremely lucky to live the life I do, but I do often worry too much about the slightest things.

I'm hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst. As sad as that sounds, it really helps.
Quote by sashki
People (those being my parents) say I'm pessimisstic. I actually enjoy life, and I consider myself extremely lucky to live the life I do, but I do often worry too much about the slightest things.

I'm hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst. As sad as that sounds, it really helps.

Thats exactly what my parents think (maybe because i am) but they always say crap like "Smile, it might never happen" and "Dont be so negative", even though they know it. They just wont admit it.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
Life is short and full of shit.

You're born, you go to school, you work and struggle to make money (Because you're told to), and then you have 10 years tops to enjoy freedom (Retirement), and then you die.

Sounds nice.

[[ Don't you ever, ever, ever trust my mercy. ]]
Quote by Ahh Shaith
Life is short and full of shit.

You're born, you go to school, you work and struggle to make money (Because you're told to), and then you have 10 years tops to enjoy freedom (Retirement), and then you die.

Sounds nice.

True, but you're not going to school or work all the time. My day starts at 7:00 and ends at 22:00. My school day: 8:30 - 15:00. There are weekends, vacations. So much time to have a life. I'll probably retire when I'm 65, and I don't think I'll die when I'm 75. You shouldn't feel like you're not living in freedom. You CAN go to school, you CAN make money, you can do everything you want if you really want it. But if you don't want it, then don't do it. No one cares.

And yeah, maybe life is short and worthless. But why not try to make it as great as possible? I sound very optimistic, but I think I'm realistic. I know you can't always expect the best to happen.
[Light]
Last edited by Noor at Feb 14, 2007,
I take life as it comes, I am very laidback and I don't regret old decisions, I don't worry too much about the future I just live life day by day.
I'm pretty pessimistic and definitely cynical. In my experience optimists live life being constantly disappointed. If you expect the worst and the worst happens, you're prepared. If you expect the worst and something good happens, then bonus!
I'm a realist, i see things for what they are, and have a habbit of questioning everything.

My outlook on life is that good things happen to good people and bad things happen to bad people, i believe that there's reasoning behind everything, or at least we should look for the reasoning behind things.
Need.New.Sig.
i tend to be trapped by realistic life and a pessimist when it comes to things like moving to new places, but i'm actually feeling quite optimistic today.
To Love and help one another. I try to be christian, don't think i deserve the title though. one thing i can't stand is people who call themselves christians and act arrogant about it, or think they are better than everyone else, that is BS and not what being a christian is about. They just give true christianity a bad name. I try to be polite and help people whenever i can, and not push them to be christian or anything, but just show them through my actions and who i am as a person. I don't think I am any better than people who are not christians.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
I'm very cynical and quite pessimistic at times.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
"Nihilist is such a strong term... I prefer realist."

Summarizes my feelings quite accurately.

--Red
"My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require." - Edward Elgar
some of it can be good - a lot of it sucks balls - the world is full of pricks that need to be shot - only a few nice people - i recon people should be gratefull for life if its a good one (meaning they have food, shelter, safety, etc.), i feel sorry for those who have to do without those things, but there is so much shit to deal with that you sometimes just think...'why the **** bother???'
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
I'm pessimistic and cynical about just about everything. I feel awful because I'm always coming up with these little remarks about people in my head and it's got to the point where I'll do it about my family.

I have no faith in people in general at all, my outlook on people is basically that they're bastards and there are just pockets of them that aren't.

Then there's my girlfreind. She's amazing like you wouldn't believe and I've somehow managed to get her, but I can't seem to let it lie at that, despite the fact that everything has been going great. At least once a day I'll manage to convice myself she wants to end the relationship and feel like shit for the rest of the day.
Page 1 of 2