with all the rap shit going on, and the the stupid pop fad(my opinion) will rock have a good band in the future that will be able to make new beautiful and kick ass music?

just wanted your opinion, and please.......be honest(*makes sexy face*)

Do it...
Hopefully everyone will mature and this gangsta rap will vanish as quickly as it appeared. Public enemy, cypress hill etc. are great IMO but there's no need for 50 cent and the like.
Rock is fine. Just search for good music.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Rock died ages ago.
it needs more cowbell!

Member #5 of UG's gain \/\/hores

Quote by lobster624
"are you an angel because i have an erection."
theres good bands nowadays but very few are recognized by the public. IMO Wolfmother, audioslave are one of the few remaning that everyone knows.
well.....i guess its up to us to make and be the next big thing....or.....you know.....whatever......so......PEACE!!!
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Hopefully everyone will mature and this gangsta rap will vanish as quickly as it appeared. Public enemy, cypress hill etc. are great IMO but there's no need for 50 cent and the like.

+1
People are so goddamn lazy now.

THERE IS GOOD MUSIC, YOU ARE JUST TOO LAZY TO FIND IT.

Christ.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
god gave rock n roll to you so of course it will live forever........just need another rolling stones thats all
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Quote by The Jew
with all the rap shit going on, and the the stupid pop fad(my opinion) will rock have a good band in the future that will be able to make new beautiful and kick ass music?

just wanted your opinion, and please.......be honest(*makes sexy face*)

Do it...

You're not closed minded at all, are you?
Terms and Conditions apply.
Quote by cagnius
You're not closed minded at all, are you?

what is that suposed to mean cagnius?just cause i dont like rap dont mean im closed minded.
Uh, I think rap is kind of dying. However, it shouldn't matter because there is still a lot of great music that isn't in the public eye. So if you look beyond the radio, there may be lots you enjoy.
yeah, like the truth good music is out there. But I wont tell you where because that will be a plite thing to do.
Hip hop is dead, according to Nas.

Rock is still there, it's just not mainstream. Actually, here in europe, we've got tons of 'indie', but I find that boring...and it's not even independent label music....

All you people say that we aren't looking hard enough. Well, how are you supposed to look for it?

Do you, like, type random words into google, and pray it'll link you to a band's MySpace?
Quote by sashki
Hip hop is dead, according to Nas.

Rock is still there, it's just not mainstream. Actually, here in europe, we've got tons of 'indie', but I find that boring...and it's not even independent label music....

All you people say that we aren't looking hard enough. Well, how are you supposed to look for it?

Do you, like, type random words into google, and pray it'll link you to a band's MySpace?

There are lots of sites like pandora.com which are very good for finding music. Plus there's UG. Venture into the B&A forum and there are lots of good bands in there that people talk about.

Just make use of your resources.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by The Jew
what is that suposed to mean cagnius?just cause i dont like rap dont mean im closed minded.

Well, you call rap 'shit' and pop 'stupid'.

What is your basis for your reasoning?

Can I ask, how many rap songs have you heard? Have you formed your opinion [as I'm inclined to believe] on hearing a select few songs and therefore defined an entire genre on basis of one or two records?

Also, what makes pop 'stupid'? Is it because it doesn't display the same characteristics as rock?

Also, what makes these genres poor?

Please, define these as you are otherwise making a right baw-sack of yourself in front of everybody.
Terms and Conditions apply.
its not only rock thats going down the drain, its just the quality of most music nowadays. that includes rap too.

its turned into a huge money making business, just like pretty much everything else in the world. labels find a bunch of alright musicians, throw a songwriter at them, record an album in a week, spend a ton on advertising, make a bunch of money and the next year theyve disappeared.

most of the stuff people are waiting for isnt coming from new bands, but from the legends, the ones that started it. when their dead, where all screwed unless we can bring it back. that means more people caring about the music, than writing a hit single and disappearing.
Quit being an idiot. Look at how many bands are out there. As long as there is guitar there will be rock.
I think with our generation being brought up with our parents rock from the 70's, that it will make a massive return soon.
now extra flamey
Why do we get like 15 of these a day?

No, damnit.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
d00d liek rawk is da b3$t! 3v3ryth1ng 3ls3 sux lolz!@! cuz rawk i$ da only r3a1 music.
RAP/COUNTR3Y/EM0/P0p music sux lolz.

EDIT: oh y3a, u can't sp3ll crap without rap lolz.

EDIT2: @lm0st ferg0t m3t@l. all th3y d0 is scr3am @nd pl@y p0w3rch0rds
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
Quote by Hpda5121
d00d liek rawk is da b3$t! 3v3ryth1ng 3ls3 sux lolz!@! cuz rawk i$ da only r3a1 music.
RAP/COUNTR3Y/EM0/P0p music sux lolz.

EDIT: oh y3a, u can't sp3ll crap without rap lolz.

EDIT2: @lm0st ferg0t m3t@l. all th3y d0 is scr3am @nd pl@y p0w3rch0rds

DUDE!! are you serious? all leet? i mean yeah, rap sucks donkey balls, but dude wtf are u tlking about with metal? and what the hell do u call r@wk?!? i mean, have you actually listened to any music? at all? agh.. i could go on but i donnt wanna get banned.. lol
If i could, id change my user name!
Quote by Slayer_Fan_666
DUDE!! are you serious? all leet? i mean yeah, rap sucks donkey balls, but dude wtf are u tlking about with metal? and what the hell do u call r@wk?!? i mean, have you actually listened to any music? at all? agh.. i could go on but i donnt wanna get banned.. lol

im not 100% sure, but i think what he said was ment to be a joke. idk, if im wrong somebody will probly say something.
Quote by pimpslap1236
holy shit that was so ****in funny. i spit a full glass of milk on my computer screen cuz of that. you sir win the funniest comment of the evening award. i salute you

Fightin the power with no avatar.
Quote by lloyd123
im not 100% sure, but i think what he said was ment to be a joke. idk, if im wrong somebody will probly say something.

I hope to god that was a joke..
If i could, id change my user name!