I was curious as to if anyone here owns a bass made by Schecter and their opinion on it. Specifically a Stiletto.
Best bass in the price range, no matter what it is. Schecter makes, by far, the most kickass bass for the money. Oh Fett13, where are you?
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Well, This will be my first bass; I am a guitar player but I've always been interested in electric bass. So for a beginner in the bass field, between a custom, deluxe, elite, or studio; which do you suggest for a first bass?
I jsut got the Schecter Stiletto Custom-5. Amazing instrument, and only 550!

For a newer player, I'd suggest the Deluxe.
Quote by Your41Plague12
Best bass in the price range, no matter what it is. Schecter makes, by far, the most kickass bass for the money. Oh Fett13, where are you?

Gotta agree with this man here. I've got a Schecter Elite-5 and it is by far the best bass I've had the fortune of playing. They're great for just about any style of music.

Go for it, and join us in the Schecter Players club lol
Ok, sorry I'm late, what I miss? *reads topic*

Ok, first off, Schecter makes very good quality basses, especially considering the price. As far as the Stilettos go, there are four basic versions to choose from: Deluxe, Custom, Elite and Studio.

Deluxe: Good if you're starting out and want something a bit better than the usual Squier. Has all the basics of the others, but with simple pickups and bridge. If you're just starting out, this is what you want. It has a two-band active EQ, and bolt-on neck, with some generic pickups and bridge.

Custom: Same idea as the deluxe, but has the EMG-HZ pickups, and S-tek bridge. Also a bit nicer on the overall wood quality/construction. This is what you want if you're upgrading from your first bass, but don't want to spend too much money on it.

Elite: Called the top of the Stiletto line, and for good reason. This is pretty much the best bass that Schecter makes. It has the same pickups and bridge as the custom, but adds neckthrough construction and some very nice neck binding. If you can afford it, this is the Schecter to get. If you didn't already know, this is what I play, and I'll never replace it. The amazing variety of sounds you can get out of it by tweaking the EQ, the beautiful looks and comfortable feel, it just doesn't get any better.

Studio: same pickups as the Elite and Custom, but has a different bridge and a three-band EQ. As far as I'm concerned the only version of this bass worth buying is the fretless, or the 6- or 8-string versions. The 4- and 5-string versions have nothing to offer over the Elite, the bridge isn't as nice as the S-tek, and it is a little lacking so far as visual aesthetics go. If you're looking for extended range or fretless, check this one out, but if you want a 4- or 5-string don't even bother, its really not worth it for an extra band of EQ and a sub-par bridge.

FETTit: I could shoot myself for forgetting the all-important seal of approval.

Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
Wow, fett13, that really helps. I was really gearing toward the Elite from the beginning, I think I might be going with that. Even though I am still beginning as far as bass goes, I would rather spend the extra money and become comfortable with a quality bass. Plus I'm a sucker for neck-through constructed instruments. I appreciate all of the very useful information you have provided me.
Once you get it, be sure to PM me or Fett13 to join the club, too! We're recruiting. To be honest, I think we need a draft system.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I played a Stiletto Studio-5 at GC awhile back, and I loved it. I didn't get to play the Elite though.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Fett, although i've not played the Elite, i have to tell you mate.. when i went from my Stingray and Miller back to my Schecter (while i am still waiting for my Urge), the build quality is noticeably worse. While they are amazing basses for the price, i think the important part is for the price.

Please dont beat me up.
Quote by Applehead
Fett, although i've not played the Elite, i have to tell you mate.. when i went from my Stingray and Miller back to my Schecter (while i am still waiting for my Urge), the build quality is noticeably worse. While they are amazing basses for the price, i think the important part is for the price.

Please dont beat me up.

*smacks you* I'm played quite a few basses and most of them are equal quality or worse. The stingrays I've gotten my hands on felt like they'd break in a good wind (I can't imagine why, the things look like tanks, but they feel weird), and the marcus miller just felt like any other Fender, sturdy, but a tank per se. I think with the bolt-on necks the Schecters lack a bit, but on the Elite with the neck-through it can take one hell of a beating. I'm amazed that it hasn't outright broken in half, with the times I've accidently harmed it, but it doesn't even have a scratch in the paint much less real damage. I'll give you the quality difference on the bolt-on schecters, but not the neck-throughs.

Quote by Charlatan_001
Fett, do you just copy and paste your Schecter sales pitch from a file on your computer?

No, I re-write it every time, and usually tailor it slightly to the specific manner in which the question was asked and the apparent/perceived level of skill and experiance a given person has. IE I don't push for a complete newb to get the Elite, and I don't tell an experienced bassist to get the deluxe.
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
Last edited by Fett13 at Feb 15, 2007,