I've mastered the scale and can paly it perfectly anywhere on the fret board. My problem is I can't make it soun good if my life depended on it, I've looked at countless lessons and havent gained much of anything from them.

Does anyone have any tips?
transcribe some of your favorite songs and look at how they use the blues/pentatonic scale. Practice playing to backing tracks.
Quote by Bodah
I've mastered the scale and can paly it perfectly anywhere on the fret board. My problem is I can't make it soun good if my life depended on it, I've looked at countless lessons and havent gained much of anything from them.

Does anyone have any tips?

What do you mean "Mastered it"? If you mastered it, it should sound good, right? If you mean you know where all the positions, roots and such are in the scale, but cant play it well...keep practicing and improvise a little within the box.
Dont you just love those sort of replies like DEMEA made................so much help, so much to give.......NOT!

Heres my advice.

Listen to a bit of Eric clapton, john lee hooker even pink floyd, zakk wylde or slash for a couple of days.

Try to develop a bit of an ear for the types of riffs and solos they play, then return to the guitar.

Always end a short phrase/solo on the root note of the scale...........you dont always have to do this but it is a good place to start.

Make up short solos ( 5 or six notes) and once you have a few, try and link them together as best you can so it becomes one long solo. Take out some of the root notes if you want as it MAY end up sounding like the solo is always trying to come to an end:-> this is sometimes good but it depends what your after.

Make sure you think about timing and dont try and play to fast. Slow is good at this stage.

Dont be afraid to use the whole neck of the guitar but if its too much just stay within the one box to start with, you can still get some amazing solos from just one shape. Using one shape is common with alot of pro`s it doesnt mean your crap! ask david gilmour!!

Relax and really get into the whole thing, dont solo like a robot!!

A good point is this...............do not be afraid to add notes outside the scale (chromatics), dont stay on these notes for to long but they are good to hammer on, pull off or slide through. Doing this makes the music a bit more "musical" and adventerous.

Download some backing tracks (blues ones) from the net and experiment till your hearts content.

Hope this helps a little.
Thanks rik. I'm getting some backtracking now. I've had my first guitar for 3 years but I wasn't dedicated enough to do theory and jsut recently I've picked it up again. I'm now realizing if i stuck with it I could be pretty good, just sorta kicking myself for it now.
I'm not flaming you, dude. Just when you say that you mastered the scale and then state that you cant play it for the life of you...that dont make too much sense.
hmm

just listen to some players, stevie ray vaughan is fantastic

then grab a record and find a song where pentatonics are used frequently

and solo over it
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Awww man, I can't believe you are having this problem, I thought the blues and pentatonics were the only scales where it was nigh on impossible to make a bad lick from them?!