how?!?! my right wrist wont go any faster and its bothering me. its pretty slow, mabye 16th notes at 180 bpm, any tips on geting faster iwth right wrist?
Play at around 140 bpm. Play 16th notes for three beats and then on the 4th beat, play 16th note triplets. The 16th note triplets at 140 will be faster than 16th notes ay 180. When this becomes easy, play 16th note triplets for 2 beats, then 3, then 4. When you can do straight 16th note triplets at 140, increase your metronome speed and start over.
Use different picking techniques. Instead of alternate picking, try some outside or economy.
You could try using hammer on pulloffs.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Do you mean 16th notes at 180bpm played STEADY and EVENLY? Because if you can do straight 16ths to 180 beats while staying perfectly in time and not messing up, I can't imagine why would you be asking for practice advise about it on this site. At this point you would most likely need a teacher - and a very good one - to help you address any problems you might have. At speeds like this, there isn't any generic advice on how to improve that would work for everyone. Except for "practice", of course - but you should have that figured out by now, anyway.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Try using the 1-2-3-4 pattern with legato (hammer-ons and pull-offs). For example:

|-------------------------------------------------------------1h2h3h4-|
|-------------------------------------------------1h2h3h4-------------|
|-------------------------------------1h2h3h4-------------------------|
|-------------------------1h2h3h4-------------------------------------|
|-------------1h2h3h4-------------------------------------------------|
|-1h2h3h4-------------------------------------------------------------|

|-4p3p2p1-------------------------------------------------------------|
|-------------4p3p2p1-------------------------------------------------|
|-------------------------4p3p2p1-------------------------------------|
|-------------------------------------4p3p2p1-------------------------|
|------------------------------------------------4p3p2p1p-------------|
|-------------------------------------------------------------4p3p2p1-|

Use these as 16th note patterns and slowly increase the tempo (start at around 140). Since you dont have to use your picking hand so much you can concentrate on your left hand. It also helps to improve your legato.
Quote by ar73m
Do you mean 16th notes at 180bpm played STEADY and EVENLY? Because if you can do straight 16ths to 180 beats while staying perfectly in time and not messing up, I can't imagine why would you be asking for practice advise about it on this site. At this point you would most likely need a teacher - and a very good one - to help you address any problems you might have. At speeds like this, there isn't any generic advice on how to improve that would work for everyone. Except for "practice", of course - but you should have that figured out by now, anyway.

my thoughts excactly
Quote by alienboy18241
You could try using hammer on pulloffs.

Quote by Truckzter
Try using the 1-2-3-4 pattern with legato (hammer-ons and pull-offs). For example:

|-------------------------------------------------------------1h2h3h4-|
|-------------------------------------------------1h2h3h4-------------|
|-------------------------------------1h2h3h4-------------------------|
|-------------------------1h2h3h4-------------------------------------|
|-------------1h2h3h4-------------------------------------------------|
|-1h2h3h4-------------------------------------------------------------|

|-4p3p2p1-------------------------------------------------------------|
|-------------4p3p2p1-------------------------------------------------|
|-------------------------4p3p2p1-------------------------------------|
|-------------------------------------4p3p2p1-------------------------|
|------------------------------------------------4p3p2p1p-------------|
|-------------------------------------------------------------4p3p2p1-|

Use these as 16th note patterns and slowly increase the tempo (start at around 140). Since you dont have to use your picking hand so much you can concentrate on your left hand. It also helps to improve your legato.

This guy is asking how to be able to pick faster, not play faster. Using legato isn't going to improve his picking speed.

As for what bangoodcharlote suggested, that sound like a really great idea. I should try that myself.
Carpe diem; Seize the day.

Just be.

Scales are notes, not shapes, boxes, or patterns.
lift a chair by the bottom of one of its legs with your arm on the floor. Sounds moronic but see if you can
Play chromatics stuff with a metronome until your start to bleed. Try to checkout the speed exercises of John Petrucci Rock Discipline DVD, it has works for me. BTW, this is a very slow process, in my case i started to play fast riff like Damage Inc intro with 1 year practicing mainly on alternate picking and i still on it.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS