Poll: DO you watch MTV?
Poll Options
View poll results: DO you watch MTV?
Yes, all the time. it friggin pwns, man.
1 2%
Yes, i let it play in the packground, i dont watch it much.
10 16%
No, but sometimes when i flick the channels, it pops up.
12 19%
No, it's complete shite
23 36%
No, i only watch the award galas etc.
1 2%
No, i only watch shows like jackass and dirty sanchez off it
17 27%
Voters: 64.
So for the first time in years, i'm so sick the doctor wont let me go to school (not a bad thing), but it limits my computer time, so i spend more and more time watching TV, which i mostly do never do.

so i stumbled upon MTV, and i just laughed. it's so retarded. starting from that crap dismissed (i mean who the **** kisses and makes out on first date??! and since when looks were the number one factor??)...then this show andy milonarkis (sp) and it was the lamest thing ever. it was over the lame which is funny coz of the lameness. it was just so beyond that it wasnt funny at all. then there were lots of other shows like final fu(ck) and so on and so on.

who the hell watches this crap???

and oh yeah, the only thing they played labelled as rock was this good charlotte songs....where is the 'good' stuff...

so my question is. does anyone here enjoy this crap that comes out of this mainstream, most 'popular' channel for teen ppl??
MTV2's alright, but unfortunately plagued by Fall Out Boy and crap like that.
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
I went with "No, it's complete shite" because I don't actually have MTV but there wasn't that choice.
Nobody on this site likes it because its "uncool" to like it. I watch it, I like half the crap that is on the show.

Guess what...

They play way more than good charlotte, watch mtv 2, they still have headbangers ball for all the elitist assholes. If you dont like it dont watch it. Its a mainstream world, get over it.
oh btw, are all the 'reality' shows like dismissed etc real???

i was wondering, cause they look kinda fake...or they just get random hoes there to touch each other. can't decide.
why is it called music television again? last time i checked MTV only plays like 2 or 3 hours of videos a day between like 4am and 7am.
Quote by AdayTripper
I don't want to ****ing be known as the guy who **** himself while his whole family came over. It just happened.

Quote by SonOfOsiris
how far would you go with a boy/girl to be able to say to someone "Im am not a virgin!"

????
Quote by Fruscianteac
why is it called music television again? last time i checked MTV only plays like 2 or 3 hours of videos a day between like 4am and 7am.

Do you see other channels on cable that play music?

No.

It used to be all music, then it changed. Change is good. Get over it.
vh1 is pretty awsome, since they show alot of vintage stuff, particularily from 70s/80s.

although theres alot of disco, 'kung fu fighting' is still better than good cahrlotte in my book
MTV Canada is alright.
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to, so when they turn their back on you, you get a chance to put the knife in.
Quote by No_Fat_Chicks

No.

in britain you get alot of music channels that actually play music. and comparison shouldnt have anything to do with it anyways. MTV doesnt play much music, therefore it shouldnt be called music television.

if you look at the mindless drivel they're producing nowadays, (date my mum, anyone?) compared to the music they used to play, then you'd realise, change is not always good
Quote by blynd_snyper
in britain you get alot of music channels that actually play music. and comparison shouldnt have anything to do with it anyways. MTV doesnt play much music, therefore it shouldnt be called music television.

if you look at the mindless drivel they're producing nowadays, (date my mum, anyone?) compared to the music they used to play, then you'd realise, change is not always good

Theres nothing you can do about it. Date my mom, ya shitty show, who cares. Theres alot of crap on tv, you dont have to watch it.
Quote by No_Fat_Chicks
Theres nothing you can do about it. Date my mom, ya shitty show, who cares. Theres alot of crap on tv, you dont have to watch it.

i never said i did, did i? the pit is not a place for, z0mg i'm gonna change teh w0rld!11!
we're just discussing the state of television. We don't hafta try and change everything we discuss now, do we?
I only watch it if Hogan Knows Best is on, I love that big huggable mass of muscle that is Terry Hogan. XD
Yeah I don't watch it anymore. It used to be meh, but now it turned to shit, and other mtv chanels just don't play any music I like, so yeah.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Quote by blynd_snyper
i never said i did, did i? the pit is not a place for, z0mg i'm gonna change teh w0rld!11!
we're just discussing the state of television. We don't hafta try and change everything we discuss now, do we?

Wtf, Im saying you dont have to watch whats on.

And no, its not the state of tv, its you guys bashing the channel thats cool to hate.

When did I do your little 13 year old talk of Z0mg im gonna change teh w0rld!11!?
I didnt.

Im not trying to change the subject Im just saying if you think its a crap channel dont watch it. There are plenty of other channels to watch.
Quote by No_Fat_Chicks
Wtf, Im saying you dont have to watch whats on.

And no, its not the state of tv, its you guys bashing the channel thats cool to hate.

When did I do your little 13 year old talk of Z0mg im gonna change teh w0rld!11!?
I didnt.

Im not trying to change the subject Im just saying if you think its a crap channel dont watch it. There are plenty of other channels to watch.

oh, right, it's cool to hate? thats why everybody i know watches it?

i know i don't have to watch whats on, and i don't watch it, i hate it with a passion, as i hate most of the people who do watch it.

great you didnt do the 13 year old talk. . .high up there on your pedestal?

and as i've said, i don't watch it, but i'm still gonna talk about it.
Eh, MTV is no longer Music Television, it should be referred to as Model Television. All they fricking show during the day is model crap. I used to watch it for Jackass and a show called Call to Greatness, but now you don't see those on much.

MTV2 has a lot more music, but I don't get that in my room.

MTVHits plays music videos 24/7/365, but they're mostly rap/pop.

VH1 and VH1 classic has a hell of a lot more about music on. Gotta love "Heavy: the Story of Metal"
elevate youth band
Last edited by madxmodman at Feb 14, 2007,
Quote by blynd_snyper
everybody i know watches it?

i hate most of the people who do watch it.

hahaha your kinda dumb.

Not many friends huh?

Why do you judge people on what they like to watch? Im not into half the bands that are on the channel, they have some good shows. It doesnt make me an idiot for watching it. Get over yourself, your no better than anybody else.

And why does it make me high up to not talk like a 13 year old? It doesnt, your just scraping to get me on anything at this piont.

You lose. Good Day.
Quote by No_Fat_Chicks
hahaha your kinda dumb.

Not many friends huh?

Why do you judge people on what they like to watch? Im not into half the bands that are on the channel, they have some good shows. It doesnt make me an idiot for watching it. Get over yourself, your no better than anybody else.

And why does it make me high up to not talk like a 13 year old? It doesnt, your just scraping to get me on anything at this piont.

You lose. Good Day.

hahaha, best argument i've had in a long time. You want me to stop talking about MTV because i can't do anything about it. then you try and make me look like the eejit?

i have alot of friends, as i said, i hate most of the people that watch mtv, it turns them into morons. There is nothing worse than seeing 2 people go "oh my god. . .did you see date my mum last night? that was soooo amazing" "ya, that guy was like, totally not hot".
that is why i judge them on watching MTV. and i recon, that yes, it does lower your IQ. I don't claim to be better than anybody else, but atleast i can make decisions to not watch something, unlike you.

it's not the fact that you didnt use the "13 year old talk" so much as you tried to make yourself seem better because you didnt use it. It's you who believes you're so much better than other people.

so, all in all, you lose now it's about time i got some sleep, go bitch and moan at somebody who isnt tired.
Quote by blynd_snyper
hahaha, best argument i've had in a long time. You want me to stop talking about MTV because i can't do anything about it. then you try and make me look like the eejit?

i have alot of friends, as i said, i hate most of the people that watch mtv, it turns them into morons. There is nothing worse than seeing 2 people go "oh my god. . .did you see date my mum last night? that was soooo amazing" "ya, that guy was like, totally not hot".
that is why i judge them on watching MTV. and i recon, that yes, it does lower your IQ. I don't claim to be better than anybody else, but atleast i can make decisions to not watch something, unlike you.

it's not the fact that you didnt use the "13 year old talk" so much as you tried to make yourself seem better because you didnt use it. It's you who believes you're so much better than other people.

so, all in all, you lose now it's about time i got some sleep, go bitch and moan at somebody who isnt tired.

You make no sense. I never said dont talk about it, you just bitch about it, so i simply said if you dont like it dont watch it.

Ive never seen people talking about date my MOM...not mum.

How am I trying to make myself feel better for not using 13 year old talk? Am I not supposed to type actual words? Would you prefer If I typed everything like a teen?

Later sporty spice. Talk to you later.
Quote by blynd_snyper
no, this is UG, we're elitist fucks

Hell yes.

Yeah anyways, i put that i watch the awards,
But that's only if a good band is playing,
Whic is not often.
But yeah, everyone fucking show is the same.
All those stupid date shows, it's just like "Wtf?".

Quote by travman_401
vh1classic is better.

Yeah, VH1CR has some class shit.
But also some of the same lame shit on normally,
Just with rock n roll people thrown in,
Or some kind of twist like that.
CTHC
Last edited by BreakingTheGirl at Feb 14, 2007,
I don't have MTV2, VH1 and VH2 etc. in the Netherlands but thank god we still have some music in the morning to watch before going to school. Also we have something called Brand New which is an hour of new videos. It has a lot of alternative and the music is better than the two other music channels of which one is only hip hop and R&B and the other is probably what people in the States get to watch.
Yes. To make fun of the spoiled girls on 'My Super Sweet 16'. Southpark is good though.
MTV is the pinnacle of the American youth. With it's awesome reality shows, tons of music videos, and other premium watchings, I'd be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't like it.

Yeah, that was sarcasm.
Quote by No_Fat_Chicks

No.

no it isn't , metallica-change-bad, G&R-change-bad, however gf-nochange-also bad. so in some cases your right. but rarely on the musical side of it
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
I don't know how they do it, but MTV is single handedly molding today's teens into whatever they want and destroying music as we know it. Damned indecisive, uninformed, sheep-like bastards...
Quote by No_Fat_Chicks
MOM...not mum.

mum (mŭm) pronunciation
n. Chiefly British.

Mother.

[Short for MUMMY.]

FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
I used to all the time but now there's like 20 channels full of RNB and Hophip and only one 'rock channel'. You get the odd good tune on their but it's mostly commerical crap and emu these days. With sites like youtube and myspace I can pretty much view any video I want to watch on the net anyway.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!