The other guitarist in my band just bought a LP copy and he wants to put EMG's in it. I am installing it for him but I can't route oute an area for a battery box since I don't have the tools. He hasn't ordered the EMG's yet so I want to know if they come with some type of housing for the battery or is it just tape it somewhere? If there is no housing for the battery is there a les paul pickguard back that has a battery box cut out or something for the EMG that he can buy? Or can someone make a custom one for him once he gets the money for the EMG's?

Edit: Just realized this might not be the best place for this thread so if anything just tell me to move it.
My Gear:
Boss EQ-20
Budda BudWah
Fender Highway One Strat
Gibson SG Standard
MXR M-101
Traynor YCV80
you can just leave the battery connected to the conector loose or propped in somewhere in the pot area and just put the cover back on and it'll be fine
You can make a compartment, and they sell covers, compartments that fit in routed cavities, etc. But I bet there is room in the control cavity (with the pots) If it fits there, then you will not need to do any routing. you already have access to all the electronics. You might want to install battery clip or something that will hold the battery in place. If not, I have seen people wrap the battery in foam to keep it from banging around.
Quote by philipisabeast
you can just leave the battery connected to the conector loose or propped in somewhere in the pot area and just put the cover back on and it'll be fine

That was what I intended on doing. But he tends to throw his guitars around and what not when playing or just have them knocking around. So I don't want their to be issues where the battery clip falls off or something and we need to unscrew the cover for it. It also eaiser to change the batteries with a box. If I can't find a fix I will just install the pups and see if we have to much trouble.

Quote by lechero
You can make a compartment, and they sell covers, compartments that fit in routed cavities, etc. But I bet there is room in the control cavity (with the pots) If it fits there, then you will not need to do any routing. you already have access to all the electronics. You might want to install battery clip or something that will hold the battery in place. If not, I have seen people wrap the battery in foam to keep it from banging around.

Well I guess I need to go hunting to find a compartment. I'll hit up google. Could you post if you find anything?

Thanks for the help guys.
My Gear:
Boss EQ-20
Budda BudWah
Fender Highway One Strat
Gibson SG Standard
MXR M-101
Traynor YCV80
Last edited by Montague at Feb 14, 2007,
when i modded my M-II's EMGs for 18V, i stuffed the extra battery in the pot compartment.
just wrap it in sponge, tie it with a rubber band and stuff it in there
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
Trust me, you don't want one of those battery compartments where they pop out, they just end up breaking. As suggested before, just stick it in the control compartment, it will most likely be a tight fit so the battery coming loose shouldn't be a problem.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Ok. Control cavity it is. He will have to deal with changing the battery himself.
My Gear:
Boss EQ-20
Budda BudWah
Fender Highway One Strat
Gibson SG Standard
MXR M-101
Traynor YCV80
yea, use the foamy stuff the emgs come with in the box and wrap it around the battery...it will stop if from jumping around in the cavity...it will keep it nice and snug
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
yea just wrap it in foam and tape it to the side wall of the cavity if u want to make sure its not movin around
my gear:
Schecter Damien 6 w/emg's
gibson sg standard
dean performer e acou/elec
ibanez tone blaster=[
ibanez ts7 tubescreamer
boss ds-1
boss sd-1
dunlop crybaby from hell wah