I have alot of favorite bands, but if i would have to pick a favorite band of all time it would have to be the strokes. They have the most catchy songs and brilliant guitar melodys and solos, i just cant get enough of them. And i havent got bored of any of there albums or songs, and ive been litening to them for years. They are without doubt one of the best bands out there, from my time anyways
If i had to pick a favorite album, i think I would say "This is it" there first album. Although there newest one "First Impressions of Earth" Has the most brilliant guitar parts.
Reptilia, 12:51 and Heart in a Cage are the only ones I like that I've heard...
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
i've heard most of their songs [coz of my mum playing them] and they seem okay, i've got a few of their songs on my iTunes...they're pretty good.
You would know, oh.....but you would know..
Quote by LostInTheFade
i've heard most of their songs [coz of my mum playing them] and they seem okay, i've got a few of their songs on my iTunes...they're pretty good.

That's the way I feel about them: meh.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Nope, not for me in the most part.

I like; Last Nite, Juicebox, Heart in a Cage.

Everything else I've heard, I don't.
I effing love them. Julian Casablancas is in the running for my favorite human being.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
love them. is this it? is one of my favorite albums ever, and Someday and Hard To Explain in particular among my favorite songs ever.

i'd be reeeally interested to see what they would sound like if they actually arranged their songs to different instruments / sounds. try a song with one of the guitars acoustic, or with piano etc. the songs are so strong, but it'd be interesting to see them branch out the style a bit.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
dece band.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Original Gangsta of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
i like some of there singles so i bought ther album is this it and it was so boring i almost ell asleep.
I HATE YOU
Quote by _zac_
ill flame as much as i damn well please

suck my balls
i saw theese guys back in '05 and they were pretty good. one of my first concerts
In my top five Rock bands this decade. And I agree that they should branch out their sound. "Vision Of Division" is absolutely stunning and shows what they are capable of.

You should check out Albert Hammond Jr's solo album. I've heard a few songs, and I especially like "101". It's like The Strokes but more sweeter sounding without the harsh singing.
I think they're friggin awesome. Sometimes I don't listen to them for a while and kinda forget about them, but then I always come back to their amazingness. I really like all 3 albums but Room On Fire is probably my favourite(although I know a lot of Strokes fans don't like it)because I think it perfectly captures the middle ground between Is This It?'s catchy, sing-along quality and First Impression Of Earth's more complex tunes.