hey, i've got a MG50DFX, and I know everyone hates it here lol but i was wondering if anyone had some setting suggestions. And again,I know most people don't like it, but please, just suggestions.
bass - 8
mids - 3
treble - 7
reverb - 5/6
volume - 0

and then go to the shops for a new amp

then look at the ultimate amp settings thread
Since these people are being total assholes, what kinda music you play?
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
I dont think ive head MG50DFX and tone in the same sentence before

I would suggest just selling it and saving up for a new amp to be honest...or just sell it and buy a roland cube then You might get to ask for settings that will actually make a diffrence.
Quote by slash-120

what Ive found is, MG's sound better through a guitar with humbuckers.

...As opposed to running it through a speaker.
tone question? =zero tone

never say tone when MG's are about

the word SOUND, may cover it, but not tone.
Quote by slash-120
but you have a jcm, so you think mgs are the worst

no, i KNOW they are

you cant get worse, fender champions are great little ss amps with nice cleans, ive had so many amps, you cant get worse

a multi-effects through a desk is better and CHEAPER.
Quote by slash-120
but you have a jcm, so you think mgs are the worst

Err....so?

Threadstarted, I'm going to give you good advice--if you have the money, get a new amp. I'm not being a jerk, i'm just trying to help you out.

If you decide not to...just keep playing around with the knobs...try...

mids - full
bass - half
treble - 3/4 of the way

and whatever effects.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
thanks jinskee, what do you suggest i look into? I play mainly rock and classic rock.
^No problem, man.

Really depends how much money you can spend, we can help you out if you're willing to spend the dough.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
the best tone out of an MG?

Power Switch- Off
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
you may want to turn down the bass as this makes the tone of the MG muddy. but seriously, get a better amp. Like a roland cube or a used Peavy delta Blues. it costs less too...
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
try boosting the mids and a little trebble, use volume more than base - gives a nice effect.

to the others, ive played alot worse amps than the MG. Its not a bad amp but for some resen you all seem to like suking up and ass licking anyone that says anything is crap. this is the most pathetic fourm i have ever seen in my life. some body posts a question and insted of an answer u get sh!t postes like "i dont know" or "get something else thats aload of crap". what fuking planet are you guys on. no body gives a flying monkes left testical if you think soemthigns crap - YOU ARE NOT IMPORTENT ENOUGH.
gear4music indianapolis // Blackstar HT-1R Metal
Hey.

The Gain nob is just for show. 1-4 gives an overdrive ish sound, 5ish is kind of 'standard distortion' but beyond 5 it makes to difference to the tone. IE, it doesn't add much distortion.

You need to have contour at 5 or above or else you just get a hollow sound. Hence, if you play metal you're out of luck because it's impossible to get a mid scooped sound from an MG.

And as for the MG's being shit debate, yeah they aren't brilliant in the grand scheme of things but they're a good step up from the shite amps you often get with those starter packages. I've grown to hate mine, yeah, but I don't regret buying it. It was the best discision at the time based on the fact I'd only been playing a year and didn't have that much money. Another thing - don't 'upgrade' to a valvestate amp, I played one in Sound Control and it sounded exactly like an MG.
- Dan

Epi. Les Paul /w Duncan Pups
Marshall 30MGDFX
Digitech Hot Head Distortion
Whammy Pedal :P
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Last edited by WhammyPedal at Feb 19, 2007,
Quote by Alex2zulu
to the others, ive played alot worse amps than the MG. Its not a bad amp but for some resen you all seem to like suking up and ass licking anyone that says anything is crap. this is the most pathetic fourm i have ever seen in my life. some body posts a question and insted of an answer u get sh!t postes like "i dont know" or "get something else thats aload of crap". what fuking planet are you guys on. no body gives a flying monkes left testical if you think soemthigns crap - YOU ARE NOT IMPORTENT ENOUGH.

It might be possible that you've played worse amps than MG's, but honestly, did these amps also come with the same ridiculous price tag? The MG's might be alright if the Marshall logo wasn't added into the price.

PS. Coincidentally, it seems that it is always the MG owners (who can't spell) that seem to get pissed when someone is bashing them; honeymoon period anyone?
Quote by mr_hankey
It might be possible that you've played worse amps than MG's, but honestly, did these amps also come with the same ridiculous price tag? The MG's might be alright if the Marshall logo wasn't added into the price.

PS. Coincidentally, it seems that it is always the MG owners (who can't spell) that seem to get pissed when someone is bashing them; honeymoon period anyone?

'Coincidentally' it seems like the d!ckheads always have the smart ass remarks
gear4music indianapolis // Blackstar HT-1R Metal
Quote by Alex2zulu
'Coincidentally' it seems like the d!ckheads always have the smart ass remarks

there's a difference between 'smart ass comments' and 'correct' or 'witty' comments
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia