I am completely remodeling my old Ibanez RG 170. I need all the advice i can get on this project and I will be posting pictures as it goes on. heres what the setup will be

-I am oly keeping the body, and neck. everything else is trash.

-the pickups are Ibanez standard H-S-H. I am replacing them with a Zakk Wylde Active EMG 81s. the middle sc pickup will be taken out and my battery will go there. I will cover that.

-the finish will either be a solid jet black or a custom design if i get a good enough idea.

-The head will stay the same if the guitar goes jet black, if not i will paint it the same as teh body.

-for electronics i will probably do les paul electronics, 2 tone, 2 vol, 3 way switch. but i dunno.

-finally i will bore out if i need to, but i am replacing the crappy ibanez tremolo bridge with an original floyd rose.

-grove tuners and strap locks are a must.

-this thing is in such a bad condition that this is a perfect guitar for the project.
(covered COMPLETLY with stickers!)

PLEASE provide all ideas on what you think this guitar should be///!
For straplocks, get Dunlop Straploks. They are awesome. I have some on my Epiphone LP, and they have have no problems. They're also easy to assemble. Also for electronics, perhaps add a killswitch for that uniqueness, instead of having to use the pickup selector like you can on LP's. And also, what style do you play? because the MG's might not be for you.
youre actually going to put the battery in the single coil slot?? wow that'll be amazing if you can retrofit it in, a bit of routing may be needed for a 9v battery. a nice design idea none the less. im not sure wether it'll have any affect on the strings but i doubt it will affect them.

in the thread on how to make a girl uncomfortable:

Quote by Angels Fighter
i saw this in another thread but it would work

Blow your load in your hand and slap the girl in the face while yelling "spiderman"

^
why are you putting in new tuners if you have a locking nut any cheap tuners will work for that its not there keeping them in tune
^ because he can? if hes going for emgs and a ofr and such the tuners however pointless it might seem might aswell be good aswell. plus when he tunes up with the locking nut undone it'll stay accurate till the locking nut is finally locked. thus less time spent finetuning theoretically.

i dont know

Quote by Angels Fighter

Blow your load in your hand and slap the girl in the face while yelling "spiderman"

^
ya i play mostly metal and heavy metal and stuff like that. i know those are the pickups for me...im putting locking tuners on it cause the ones on it now are reallly crappy and also ever one of my guitars has locking tuners on it. ya about the battery, i am going to rout it out and cover it, i will probably look into the effects of the battery on the strings. does anyone have any ideas on the paint scheme of this guitar? the best i can come up with is black....cause i dont want to do some cheesy design then hate it....thanks for the feedback.
try www.ernieball.com/mmonline check the colour schemes....always liked them colours wether they'd be do-able or not is another thing but ......great colours............. and wether there to your tastes or not is another thing but....
yeah.

Quote by Angels Fighter

^
im not trying to do anything like a tri burst of a flame top, i just want a unique guitar. update, ive decided to add a killswitch, thnx AdamDK...lol
i was thinking about doing a gloss black finish with tribal flames (white) comming off of the pickups, but then again. just a thought
Quote by 420 FREAK
why are you putting in new tuners if you have a locking nut any cheap tuners will work for that its not there keeping them in tune

I'd just ditch the locking nut and go with the Grovers, locking nuts are a pain in the ass IMHO. But that is just my preference.

Is this guitar going to have a pickguard? Maybe ordering some sort of custom-designed pickguard could add some style to the overall look, while avoiding having to worry about the time and money for a multi-colored paintjob. Plus, the pickguard would cover any imperfections from installing the battery in the single-coil slot.
ya good thought on the pickguard, but no this guitar doesnt have one to start with, and i dont intend to put one on anyway
stick on some grover locking tuners and instead of a locking nut a decent graphite one. i think you should do it white with random black lines and swirls and shiz or do a glass thing or something but no dont do flames to cliche. what about a camo finish-grey camo very metal
update, this guitar will most likely be up for sale after completion.....keep in mind the hardware going into this......i can start getting requests for paint if someone wants to arrange a buy now and pay and everything when its done......(im not gonna be takin money b4 guitar or stuff like that, im not a jerk)
I also suggest an urban camo style finish, very metal IMO.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
ya ok but how am i supposed to do this...one color at a time? thats lookin the best right now but i need a plan on how to go about doing it.
paint if you wanna be metal

flat black
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
You won't get your money back for what you put into it if you're going to sell it. Unless everything is perfect and the guitar is something a bit different to a guitar you could buy in a shop. Still though I doubt you'd get your money back for it.
Why are yo getting a FR? the Ibanez would be better with an Edge Pro. It would require little is any body mods

PSN ID: ArranP
Yeah, I was gonna reccomend an Ibanez Edge Pro. Not like the Edge II or Edge III, which are lower end models. The EP is what's found on the signature JS and Jem models, as well as the Prestige RGs.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
you should fill the pickup cavity with some wood. fill the gaps with wood filler, sand and paint. If you do a good job you shouldn't be able to tell that there ever was a pickup there. then put the battery in the control cavity in the back, or route an additional cavity in the back for the battery.
He wants to put it in the pickup cavity so he doesn't have to rout any more than necessary, in order to preserve resonance.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores