Poll Options
View poll results: Marijuana
Legalize it!
1407 81%
Dont Legalize it!
323 19%
Voters: 1731.
Page 1 of 29
I am a supporter of legalizing cannabis and i was wondering what people in UG think of it? if you want to legalize it or dont say why.
There's no point in legalising it.

Why bother condoning another addictive drug to the UK?
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Cause you can tax it. Helps the economy. Might as well.
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042
i said it was the greatest movie of all time not the greatest comedy of all time......idiot....

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
Quote by BlackLuster

Because illegalizing it only brings the usage rate up, instead of down.

Legalize it, mothafucka!
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
There's no reason it should be illegal.
Check out my latest recording on my profile
If alcohol is legal than pot should be as it's not as harmful.

And no, I don't use either.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Quote by BlackLuster

What makes you think its addictive??
either way im gonna smoke it

(A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music)

BUY MY DW 7002 DOUBLE BASS PEDAL
Yes it should be legalised but seeing as it is easy for people to grow it themselves, thus denying the government tax revenue, it is never going to happen.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
There was a crazy guy at a gas station who told me that the only reason Majawanay isn't legal is because the government couldn't make any money off of it. They make more money ticketing people for using it illegally than they would if they legalized it....
Quote by chylde_of_fire
Yes it should be legalised but seeing as it is easy for people to grow it themselves, thus denying the government tax revenue, it is never going to happen.

Speaking from the US: here the IRS would bust their ass quicker than the DEA for not taxing it, ha. But it could be done, and should be done. They could still have stores with different strands and hell, even growing kits. Just like any other garden store. And never say never.
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042
i said it was the greatest movie of all time not the greatest comedy of all time......idiot....

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
Nah, I like smoking it, because its illegal, if it were legal it would turn into cigarettes.
hey guy!
If you legalize it, they'll tax it.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by Mein Kampf
There was a crazy guy at a gas station who told me that the only reason Majawanay isn't legal is because the government couldn't make any money off of it. They make more money ticketing people for using it illegally than they would if they legalized it....

Crazy guy was right

I've been over this in a bajillon other threads.

THE GOVERNMENTS FUC KING GREEDY
Quote by Mein Kampf

Yeah, I listened to something on the radio talking about that, but I don't really care enough to dig it up from the subconcious depths of my memory.

Apathy ftw.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
Quote by Mein Kampf

Very true.(unfortunatley). did you know that the people who are paying for the anti marijuana funds are the paper and pharmicudical drugs companies? its common common sence but just letting you know
theres no legitimate reason for it or any other psychoactive substance to be illegal.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
1: Marijuana is not actually addictive, about as addictive as drinking apple juice.
2: Hemp(made from Marijuana) is a way better way to make cloths, hemp cloths last longer and are just generaly better. Problem with that is the government or other companies cant patten Marijuana(it pretty much can grow anyware). Where like Cotton is, and I think they want to keep it that way.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
3: Who cares let people use it. It doesn't effect me or anyone else...
Quote by brantlymurphy
1: Marijuana is not actually addictive, about as addictive as drinking apple juice.
2: Hemp(made from Marijuana) is a way better way to make cloths, hemp cloths last longer and are just generaly better. Problem with that is the government or other companies cant patten Marijuana(it pretty much can grow anyware). Where like Cotton is, and I think they want to keep it that way.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
3: Who cares let people use it. It doesn't effect me or anyone else...

+1
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
theres no legitimate reason for it or any other psychoactive substance to be illegal.

Odd... people do it because it's illegal (see above) and there's a ton of money in the "industry." So if it becomes legal, maybe that cuts down on the usage, plus they could tax it (whether or not you believe that). Remember alcohol?
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
Legalise all drugs.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Here... I copied this from another thread I posted in.
It should pretty much sum it up for you guys

HERE'S MY TAKE ON MARJUANNA BEING ILLEGAL.

The Governments ****ing Greedy

They leglize tobbaco
How much money yearly does the gov. get in taxes etc.
from the millions of people who smoke?
Causes cancer lukemia etc.
Kills how many people a year?

Ok what about alcohol.
Alcohol is addictive, more addictive than marjuanna.
And once again,
How much money do you think the gov. gets from this sh*t ?
Causes liver problems etc.

Now what about marajuanna?
Not slightly as addictive as alcohol or nicotine found in tobbaco products.
Causes problems like cancer, im not going to lie,
but what doesnt cause cancer these days?

Here's my point

The government can control the tobbaco and alcohol industries.
If marijuanna was legalized
The governement would get no money from it.
They dont care if you die from marijuanna
Theres no way they could
when they allow the TRULY addicting
and dangerous things like Alcohol to be legal
simply because people get addicted
and it brings in shitloads of money.

Noone would go to buy marijuanna
when you could grow your own plant in your living room.
THE GOVERNMENT GAINS NOTHING THERE.
and even if you did go to buy marijuanna
like some do in europe,
Marijuanna is not as addictive,
except for some heavy-long time users,
so you would'nt come back every day, twice a day,
to spend your money.

All of you closed mined assholes will instantly be skeptical of this thread
just because it is mostly in support of marijuanna,
but I guarantee you've drank a beer or liquor once before,
and in reality thats no different that smoking weed.

The only difference is that it is legal,
so that makes all of you closed minded fools
automatically feel like it
is okay to go get drunk

BUT GOD FORBID YOU GET HIGH.
heres an interesting fact: if we grew marijuana on 6 percent of the united states it would take care of all the oil demands.
well, since both cigarettes and alchohol are legal, i see no reason why pot shouldnt be legal.

cigs are addictive, and screw up your lungs pretty badly (can lead to cancer), and alchohol, also addictive, leads to violence and is a top contributer to car crashes.

pot isnt addictive, does very little by way of damage to the lungs, will calm you down rather than help provoke you, and you can drive pretty safely while stoned.
except that my friend once decided that it would be a good idea to park his car in the middle of the road.
Quote by rbmason
Odd... people do it because it's illegal (see above) and there's a ton of money in the "industry." So if it becomes legal, maybe that cuts down on the usage, plus they could tax it (whether or not you believe that). Remember alcohol?

if marijuana were to become legal, it would be so much cheaper, due mainly to the fact it would be mass produced everywhere so there would be larger supplies of it for the public to have access to.

threadstarter, and everyone else who wants to learn more:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1qtIrfuDzM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfu26ZaJwGk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfu26ZaJwGk

sorry it's in three parts, but it's all i could find.

it's an accurate description of what's going on.
Last edited by chocolatguitar at Feb 14, 2007,
for the guy who said it causes cancer, it also reduces tumors, cures asthma, epilepsy and hella of other medical shit
your all **** tards

now its not addictive it doesn't harm your lungs it doesnt make you dumber (it makes you smarter) and if they legalize it they will legalize growing your OWN so all you dumbasses out there claiming it'll turn into ciggaretts it wont if you grow your own OWNT.
Quote by brantlymurphy
are you serious.......hahaha......find a hobby.

Masterbating, music, and smoking pot....

got I am pathetic
hey guy!
Bah, drink alcohol like real men damn hippies.
Nah, just joking. I think there are more cons then pros in legalizing it.
This conversation is endless,
but in the end
you have to realize that
just because you are being told it is this huge horrible deadly thing,
doesnt mean it is.
Quote by Meths
Legalise all drugs.

Quote by sadistic_monkey

Terrible idea.

Have either of you to ever actually seen a crackhead? I mean ever actually seen there family's?

Im hoping that you both have a good idea about real drug addicts.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by fronkpies
Terrible idea.

Have either of you to ever actually seen a crackhead? I mean ever actually seen there family's?

well im sure your right but the thing is marijuana isnt a "drug"
Quote by fronkpies
Terrible idea.

Yeah, but those people turn into crack addicts as a result of the drug being easily available to them, something that would change if the drugs were legalized.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
Quote by PissedOffGerman
well im sure your right but the thing is marijuana isnt a "drug"

Im not talking about Weed, im talking about heroin, crystal meth etc.

EDIT:
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Yeah, but those people turn into crack addicts as a result of the drug being easily available to them, something that would change if the drugs were legalized.

You know absolutely nothing about drug addicts as you have just shown.

Do you think if it were readily avaliable people would say "Oh, im not going to take that now" Not in a million years. I have been around drugs and drug users my entire life, Heroin ruins people and there familys and legalizing it would be a huge mistake.

I personally know people that the only reason they dont take heroin is because its illegal.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Last edited by fronkpies at Feb 14, 2007,
Quote by BlackLuster

Sensi is not physicaly addictive like cigs
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!