Page 1 of 2
Why when the chilis are playing live does john play one note solos? they make my ears hurt, and it isn't necissary. He doesn't on his studio albums, but on Live in Hyde Park and on the Brit Awards at the moment he is
What's the difference between a chickpea and a lentil?
I've never paid to have a lentil on my face!
I like him too... on his studio albums
He just improvises and that's what he comes out with I guess. Are you watching the Brits? The Chilis were just on. John Fru is my idol anyways.
#20 Ramones Worshipper RAMONES. PM hardrock1315 to join.
Shut up you.

And for the 3rd time, John with a beard
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by fronkpies
Shut up you.

And for the 3rd time, John with a beard

And short hair! I think looks best as he is now.
#20 Ramones Worshipper RAMONES. PM hardrock1315 to join.
Just watched the Brit Awards thing (it's shite, that Russel Brand is a ****ing twat and most definitely not 'edgy' as all the TV exec's seem to think.) and thought it was pretty mediocre.

Good to see Frusciante has cut his hair, but his performance was middle of the road. Kiedis should just learn to accept he's getting old and stop jumping around the stage like an overgrown kid high on marker pens, and focus on his vocal performance more too seeing as he seemingly lost the ability to sing decently.
Quote by Qazxs
I was so glad when my cat got spayed. Everytime I was near her she meowed and bent over wanting me to stick it in her. Really gross.
Omg Everyone Who Posted Comes From England !
Looking for a new sig!
TBH I think he got himself into the wrong position for the solo - he knew it himself. He didn't end up where he wanted to be; although he did recover towards the end.

What a tone that man has.

EDIT: pass marks for Anthony. He was good.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Quote by G.I.R.L
He just improvises and that's what he comes out with I guess. Are you watching the Brits? The Chilis were just on. John Fru is my idol anyways.

yeh i am watching the Brits. The scissor sisters were the best so far IMO
Frusciante is the best! Sorry but that ohter guy who replaced him for a bit is a novice compared to John! He's not even close to his skill level!
Quote by kromatik
It's probably something to do with the fact that he's an incredibly over-rated guitarist...

Unlike yourself, of course.
I've seen the chili peppers live twice and he hasn't done that at all. it was mostly just him and flea like having guitar battles. pretty insane.

Flea did a backflip off one of the amps when i saw them a month ago
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
Quote by bass wizard
Frusciante is the best! Sorry but that ohter guy who replaced him for a bit is a novice compared to John! He's not even close to his skill level!

Dave Navarro is no novice, trust me.. his chili days weren't awesome, but his stuff for Jane's Addiction was amazing, and when he played with whatshisface from Deep Purple.... Glenn Hughes. At least I think it was Glenn Hughes.

And Navarro surpasses Frusciante as far as "skill" goes. And I'm not really a fan of either.
Quote by cagnius
Unlike yourself, of course.

I'm pretty sure Kromatic isn't rated at all so...yes.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by walkinbazooka
I'm pretty sure Kromatic isn't rated at all so...yes.

It was an inference to a assumed talent on his part. I did not intend the literal meaning; I thought that would have been clear.
Quote by cagnius
It was an inference to a assumed talent on his part. I did not intend the literal meaning; I thought that would have been clear.

I understood what you meant but he has to be known to be overrated or underrated.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by walkinbazooka
I understood what you meant but he has to be known to be overrated or underrated.

Not at all.

If we want to get into semantics about it, the tone of his post inferred that Frusciante was over-rated which was accompanied with an air of superiority on his part.

One can be over-rated through one's own high regard of one's self. That was what I was inferring through my post.

Perhaps things need explained in a little more detail on UG from time to time - Its not Ultimate Genius, afterall.
Quote by Miracle_Man
Why when the chilis are playing live does john play one note solos? they make my ears hurt, and it isn't necissary. He doesn't on his studio albums, but on Live in Hyde Park and on the Brit Awards at the moment he is

What's wrong with the live in hyde park solos? I think they're good, particularly the californication solo. Alot of energy in that one.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
He cut his hair? I liked his hair.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
Anybody have a video of this solo?

Thanks,
Adam
Quote by thesublime
duarte, you're a jerk.

Quote by Ollie Led Zep
Hmm...a fugly, bimbo, blonde, rich, boring, mooching, waste of blood and organs, d*ck munching, talentless, sponging c*nt in prison?

One down...
Frusciante is perfect for the "Chilli´s" music, but as a guitarist overall he´s a bit overrated. He surely is good, but not so good as many say.
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Quote by G.I.R.L
And short hair! I think looks best as he is now.

Jesus Fru > Regular Fru

I like his solos. He improvises them all and he does what he feels like, mmk?
Sent from my iPad.
I love the Chilli's music, but John is lacking a bit in the soloing section, but what does that matter anyways? The songs are great, catchy, upbeat, and fresh.
High as tits
Quote by Ferrarone
Frusciante is perfect for the "Chilli´s" music, but as a guitarist overall he´s a bit overrated. He surely is good, but not so good as many say.

agreed. he's quite good but people make him out to be incredible. though he's found a perfect spot with the chilis where he doesn't need to be insanely good.
I dig how he endeavours to make each performance unique, but I find he loses direction sometimes. The Brits solo just sounded bizarre and tuneless, and I know he is capable of more.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by cagnius
Not at all.

If we want to get into semantics about it, the tone of his post inferred that Frusciante was over-rated which was accompanied with an air of superiority on his part.

One can be over-rated through one's own high regard of one's self. That was what I was inferring through my post.

Perhaps things need explained in a little more detail on UG from time to time - Its not Ultimate Genius, afterall.

Don't know where you're getting this air of superiority from. I just happen to think that he's made out to be God-like by an army of obsessive, tightly wound fanboys who tear to shreds anyone who doesn't believe that even if Frusciante farted on a guitar it would be the greatest sound ever made. My own skill (or lack of) at playing guitar has nothing to do with my opinion on Frusciante.

As it happens I do enjoy a fair amount of his work so I wasn't bashing on his playing skill so much as the ridiculously over-protective fanboys that I already mentioned.

Hope that clears up any confusion.
Someone post a picture of hih with cut hair! I wanna see!
How many brothas fell victim to the streets?

Rest in peace young nigga, there's a heaven for a G.
Quote by Alix_D
Dave Navarro?

Don't diss Dave Navarro and call yourself a guitarist, or musician. Or human.

Tut. tut.

Go listen to "Nianda LaDes and Usually Just a T-shirt" then come back and say that.
Dickless.
Quote by kromatik
Don't know where you're getting this air of superiority from. I just happen to think that he's made out to be God-like by an army of obsessive, tightly wound fanboys who tear to shreds anyone who doesn't believe that even if Frusciante farted on a guitar it would be the greatest sound ever made. My own skill (or lack of) at playing guitar has nothing to do with my opinion on Frusciante.

As it happens I do enjoy a fair amount of his work so I wasn't bashing on his playing skill so much as the ridiculously over-protective fanboys that I already mentioned.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

Indeed it does.

Generally, when such a comment is made, its followed by a rant about how said poster is a better player (which they categorically aren't, 99.9999% of the time). I assumed that tone of your post, for which I apologise.

I do admit there is a contingent of fanboi (to coin the plural for fanboys) who assume Frusciante to be the best ever and make such a statment repeatedly known to the public, but every [quasi]famous guitarist has a cult following who with side with them over their family. Its a price of fame.

I do, however, happen to think that John is up there with one of the greatest guitarists of our age, the man has inspired not only his band and music fans, but also millions of recovering drug users. To me the man is here for a reason, and I'm happy to celebrate that by loving his work.

His art, however, is plain shite.
Quote by cagnius
Indeed it does.

Generally, when such a comment is made, its followed by a rant about how said poster is a better player (which they categorically aren't, 99.9999% of the time). I assumed that tone of your post, for which I apologise.

I do admit there is a contingent of fanboi (to coin the plural for fanboys) who assume Frusciante to be the best ever and make such a statment repeatedly known to the public, but every [quasi]famous guitarist has a cult following who with side with them over their family. Its a price of fame.

I do, however, happen to think that John is up there with one of the greatest guitarists of our age, the man has inspired not only his band and music fans, but also millions of recovering drug users. To me the man is here for a reason, and I'm happy to celebrate that by loving his work.

His art, however, is plain shite.

Nae bawr big yin
Lets all stop with the "****ing frusciante rocks! i luv him loudz", he's a good guitarist but his solos have definetly got to be his weakest point. His best was probably on Stadium Arcadium, Dani California most probably his best ever. However "good" you think his one note solos, crappy thin sound and "feeling" is, they arent. He can barely write a solo for his life.

His chords and songs writing is another matter...genius.
His over-coming of drugs is another thing, maybe thats why you love him no?
Member of the 'Dr.Cox is my Mentor' group

Quote by Miggy01
I was kicking a balloon around, and kicked the back of my other foot.
I broke my toe as a result.
I haven't heard his Brit solo but what I've heard of him (two gigs and too many youtube vids for my own good) I really like all his solos. I do occasionally agree though that some of his one note wailing bend solos aren't very nice. In fact I think I saw him play Dani Calidornia for that T4 show that was a bad solo. But hey he improvises them, they're not all going to be great.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by _Tenacious_
Lets all stop with the "****ing frusciante rocks! i luv him loudz", he's a good guitarist but his solos have definetly got to be his weakest point. His best was probably on Stadium Arcadium, Dani California most probably his best ever. However "good" you think his one note solos, crappy thin sound and "feeling" is, they arent. He can barely write a solo for his life.

Generally his solos are improvised on the records.

However, I think he can write a good solo, namely Wet Sand (pure emotion), She's Only 18, Turn It Again, If You Have To Ask, I Like Dirt, Funky Monks.

The thing about the Froosh is that his solos fit the song, they aren't just techno-wank for the sake of wankage.

Each to their own, I guess.

Quote by kromatik
Nae bawr big yin

his hair... its gone. but yeah i was disappointed seeing him doing the solo to Dani California at the Brits. was shocking.
Quote by Samnung
im gunna rape u

Quote by GuitarManiac09
Stay away you freak....I dont want you spreading your hideous crab population..

METALLICA AT WEMBLEY 08/07/07
Page 1 of 2