Poll: how fast do you write songs?
Poll Options
View poll results: how fast do you write songs?
1-2 a month
9 38%
1-2 in one week
1 4%
2-3 in one week
2 8%
4-5 a week
2 8%
i write one everyday
0 0%
i have no life friends or familie whatsoever and lost the count
1 4%
i don't write songs
9 38%
Voters: 24.
well the reason i'm asking is i seem to be inspired, yesterday i wrote quite a killer song in the evening.
this evening i wrote another, i'm already looking forward to tommorow's evening.
and these aren't just songs you can bust out like it's nothing, they're actually hard to play and it took me quite a while to get it done.
have you ever had this kind of thing and how much songs is the maximum you wrote in a week?

only the guitar part will also do as a song since if you made it up it'll be the backbone of the entire band thing
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Last edited by FretboardToAsh at Feb 14, 2007,
Depends on the time. Sometimes I write three or four in a week, other times I'll be lucky if I get one good one in a month and a half. One time I wrote one before bed and one when I woke up in the morning.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
I don't write songs, but I want too. This has probably been done before.
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
I have never been able to finish a whole song before I start writing another one. For me, inspiration often come when I'm about to fall asleep, so I always keep a guitar by my bed.
Quote by p o e
lmfao man thats so sick and depraved and yet funny all at once

my hats off to you IbanezSA160, you have embodied the Pit into one little poem
can you remeber them the next morning then? i have to record them on tape(got like a 50 year old tape recorder on my room) or i won't know what it was
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
The guitar part is easy.

The words are what's tough.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
i think people are more successful writing songs when they are tired...people are too tired to think and their emotions take over which get turned into music...emotion makes good music therefore...tiredness equals innovation, but thats just me
Quote by FretboardToAsh
can you remeber them the next morning then? i have to record them on tape(got like a 50 year old tape recorder on my room) or i won't know what it was

Yeah, I record them on my phone. I would't be able to remember them the next morning if I didn't.
Quote by p o e
lmfao man thats so sick and depraved and yet funny all at once

my hats off to you IbanezSA160, you have embodied the Pit into one little poem
I haven't really written one yet, but I'm trying. I can't seem to fit the lyrics with a catchy tune, and sometimes my words are sending mixed messages.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Quote by sloppyjoe24
I haven't really written one yet, but I'm trying. I can't seem to fit the lyrics with a catchy tune, and sometimes my words are sending mixed messages.

isn't that better? noone's gonna understand what your talking about so they won't hear if you say something out of place cause you'll do it all the time.
UG's Flamenco Club
I rarely "write" things. In terms of lyrics, I don't think I've ever actually written a "song", I'll write poems and "write" music, but never ever put them together. In terms of musical composition, I don't often sit down and decide to write something. Sometimes I play along to a piece, sometimes I play something I've played before, and sometimes I just make stuff. The lines kind of blur though, I blend ideas and phrases together and things just sort of develop slowly over time. It's not really an issue of "writing", it's just the gradual products of improvisation on pieces I've learned or developed before myself.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
Me and my acoustic are inseperable, I also always carry around a notebook or two and write down anything that comes to mind over the course of the day. Then I'll piece it together later on, or write a whole song in one sitting. I'd say 4-5 a week but sometimes more or less. Not all of them become songs, but I don't usually write guitar parts without lyrics, guitar comes after lyrics usually. But still, I write a quite a bit.
Quote by soccermom
Of course eating unbelievable amounts of anything can probably harm you, but i chose bananas because they look like willies.
Quote by E Daws
The guitar part is easy.

The words are what's tough.

Other way around for me. I am going through a crazy writing block for me. I have not worte a good song in 10 days!!!!!
I'm in the process of writing a song, but I'm probably not gonna finish until i get better at keyboard and guitar, and can work out some good melodies...