ok im needing help with my wide vibrato techniue. im using my three fingers butb dont know where the action has to come from. either the wrist, arm or just the fingers?

help would be appreciated
i guess the movement should come from your wrist
wide vibrato is much like bending and releasing really fast
two kinds of vibrato. The first is like how you would play vibrato on the violin using your wrist to vibrate and slightly change the pitch of the note. The second way is like how Zakk Wylde does it. Its a very wide vibrato that consists of very quick bends in succession.
GEAR

Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Standard Plus
Marshall JCM 800 half stack
I suggest you try action from all areas and listen to the sound carefully, whichever you feel gives you a sound you like and are comfortable with then stick with that. Sometimes the music just favors one type over the other at that exact moment where the vibrato which is a series of successive mini bends sounds better with the music you are playing so choose which ever makes you feel comfortable.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Quote by clive_jordan
ok im needing help with my wide vibrato techniue. im using my three fingers butb dont know where the action has to come from. either the wrist, arm or just the fingers?

help would be appreciated

You've said somewhere that you can't play guitar well without jumping around like a lunitic.

A.Young: Yeah, well I go with the guitar cause Im pretty small. On most people a Gibson SG looks small-like a violin. On me, it looks like a big guitar. I've got small fingers too. Now when most people bend a string up, their finger bends the note. With me, my whole body has got to go.[he falls into Angus stage move # 1, miming how he uses his entire forearm to bend a string] I hug the guitar, if you want to get technical about it. Now for a vibratto [he convulses with laughter as he illustrates] I've got to shake me leg a little. When you're a little guy, there's not much pull on the strings-espeically with the heavier gauges.