What do you think would be the best stompbox for creamy tones like Joe Satriani or Gary Moore?
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
None really, they get their tone from boosting a tube amp - you won't be able to do that with the Cube. You could try something like a Marshall Guvnor on the clean channel but I'm not sure how well it'd work, best bet is to just use whichever amp model is closest and EQ accordingly.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
None really, they get their tone from boosting a tube amp - you won't be able to do that with the Cube.

sorry, forgot to mention that im getting a Vox AC30CC
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
oooooh

crank the thing and get a nice overdrive, try a few and see which one you like....TS-9, Boss OD-3 or BD-2, Voodoo lab sparkle drive, just have a play with em all.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
If youve got deep pockets, and if you can find it, the Soldano SuperCharger is a "make you cream in your pantelones" pedal. lol

If not...just do what Seagull says.
analogman modded DOD 250 OD- guarantee you won't listen to me, but it's much better than a TS, even the 808.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
That's a pricy pedal....
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
But it sounds damn good... I used to have one...
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
Once you get the vox look into a Nice overdrive pedal to boost it, maybe look into something like a tubescreamer
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by BloodBlooms
satriani just uses a boss ds-1. the only other gain box he has is a fulltone ultimate octave

The Ultimate Octave is a fuzz and octave pedal (both are footswitchable.) He rarely used it soley for the fuzz.

Bossman123 What type of Gary Moore sound are you after? His Thin Lizzy years, his solo career, or his current sound? He's used the Marshall Guv'nor (the original, not the GV-2) in the past. I used to have the Guv'nor and Drive Master when I was in a classic rock band, I liked the Drive Master because it was a bit more smooth sounding.
Quote by Guitarmiester
The Ultimate Octave is a fuzz and octave pedal (both are footswitchable.) He rarely used it soley for the fuzz.

Bossman123 What type of Gary Moore sound are you after? His Thin Lizzy years, his solo career, or his current sound? He's used the Marshall Guv'nor (the original, not the GV-2) in the past. I used to have the Guv'nor and Drive Master when I was in a classic rock band, I liked the Drive Master because it was a bit more smooth sounding.

Well i was looking for something like his Parisienne Walkways type tone
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Gary Moore's setup has changed a lot over the years, but he's been using Marshall's for the most part, other than using a Soldano SLO100 for a little. I don't remember exactly what he used when he recorded Parisienne Walkways, but for his solo albums he used an old Marshall Bluesbreaker combo for the most part.

Currently, he's using a Digitech Bad Monkey OD pedal in his setup.