Is there anything I can do to make this P.O.S sound better?
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
cut the speaker cones for wicked distortion.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
yes earplugs will be a defenite improvement, you have to make sure they cut all the sound though
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Quote by woodenbandman
cut the speaker cones for wicked distortion.

Like the guy from The Kinks. Slice the sucker with a razorblade.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Get a distortion pedal, plug your guitar into that. Then, instead of plugging pedal into amp, plug headphones into pedal and away you go
~ My Gear ~

Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White with EMG 81/60
Fender Stratocaster
Marshall DSL401
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Boss Super Overdrive SD-1
Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
Digitech RP80
Samson Wireless
Fender Champions Series 30
Yeah, the amp sucks we all know that, not everyone has heaps of cash, serious answers only please.
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

No fat chicks !
Quote by duggyrocks
I don't know, I googled it, and didn't find anything. Just keep searching man.

BTW, did you really expect to get serious replies about a mg?

Not really, but it was worth a try considering the extremely poor quality of this amp.
Quote by Zeppfreak170

No fat chicks !
Quote by forsaknazrael
I'd just say keep it the way it is, and just use it for what it is: a decent bedroom practice amp - then save up for a better amp. At least you didn't buy the 100 watt version, eh?

True enough.
Quote by Zeppfreak170

No fat chicks !
Maybe a different speaker, or a bigger one (I was tempted to joke about a new cab with no speaker in it). Speakers alone can make a big difference in sound. Something simple like a speaker out switched jack to run to a cab. None of those things would wreck anything, should you decide to sell it.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Slash/poke holes in the speaker cone.

Or burn it just for a laugh.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by player o slayer
^ would that even werk?

Sure. Pretty much any overdrive or distortion pedal should have enough output power to drive headphones. Though it'll probably sound crappier than the MG.
Buy a headphone amp. They're like, 30 bucks.

EDIT: Err, the most expensive is 80 bucks. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/mini-headphone-amplifiers?N=100001%2b306261&Ns=P_Score%7c1&g=guitar&page=1
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Last edited by Will_Minus at Feb 15, 2007,
Cut The Speaker Cones??!!!!! Really??!!! In What Way Do You Cut Them, Like Strait Out Slice 'em Or A Special Way?!!!
theres not much you can really do to it, replacing a speaker is about the only thing you can do with a solid state amp.
Just use it for pyrotechnics at your next gig; load it up with fireworks.
If you put a DS-1 in front of it, it doesn't sound half bad.
Guitars:
- Ibanez GRX40
- Ibanez RG1570 MRR
- Eddy (Plywood Stratocaster Copy)
- Dean V Metalman
Amps:
- Marshall MG15 DFX with custom speaker
- Vox AD30VT
Gear:
- Boss DS-1 (Keeley modded)
- Vox V848 Wah
- Digitech RP80
learn to use the EQ... The contour is like a mids, but backwards... down gives you more mids... if you dial it in right, it doesn't sound any worse than a crate or fender solid state... you just paid more for the same quality...
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr