OK I am a lazy guy and trying to search the forum topics at times is very hard to get what ya need so... I need songs in Drop C or Whole step down tuning. Also can anyone answer me the question of what songs from Pantera are in those tunings. The genres I play are hard rock, Black Stone Cherry type stuff, and Metalcore. Thanks ya'll
You can play anything in dropped D in dropped C. There's no law that says you need to play in the same key as the original song
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
You can play anything in dropped D in dropped C. There's no law that says you need to play in the same key as the original song

Some songs in Drop D sound better in Drop C, while others don't.

Bad Horsie is an easy as shit song to play, and it's in Drop C.
system of a down has a lot of stuff in that tunning,now they do drop D in Eb,but drop c is a better tunning than drop di think,adds a thicknes to the tone
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
Quote by chryee090130
killswitch engage
as i lay dying
all that remains

That is all Drop-C I think. Although it doesn't really matter.

Opeth has a lot of Drop D stuff. All Lamb Of God is Drop D. Avenged Sevenfold is also Drop D I believe.
Quote by nomadguitarist9
Does anyone know about possible Pantera songs in drop c??

You can do Walk, I think it sounds better in Drop C.
Quote by YYZ
That is all Drop-C I think. Although it doesn't really matter.

Opeth has a lot of Drop D stuff. All Lamb Of God is Drop D. Avenged Sevenfold is also Drop D I believe.

Exactly.. This guy is looking for songsin drop C..
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
yea,walk sounds way better in drop c,me and my friends cover it in that tunning

Private in the 7>6

Quote by guitarkid7
Exactly.. This guy is looking for songsin drop C..

hah, your right to. I could have sworn it said Drop D.

Haste The Day
Bleeding Through
Job For A Cowboy
Killswitch Engage

Most hardcore/metalcore bands play in drop C.
Children of Bodom, like somebody said.
Not all songs though.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Any motley crue song is a whole step down, and i believe the self titled album with John Coraby from 1994 Mick mars is playing in drop C.
walk, thats the only pantera song i use c for
Quote by unfathomable_bo
As far as users go, lisagabe is sub par at best

my gear:

Ibanez SA260, EMG pups, Original Floyd, and Schaller locking tuners tuners

5150 III 4x12 Cab

LOOKING FOR NEW TUBE HEAD!!!!
P.M. If your selling one!!!
ok, almost every Children of Bodom song I've found is in drop C. A lot of Numetal stuff is also in drop C or even drop B. Sorry for not having many specific songs, but I normally stay in E, Eb, D and Db lol.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Quote by nomadguitarist9
Does anyone know about possible Pantera songs in drop c??

The whole Far Beyond Driven Album is Tuned in some form of C... can't remember what exactly but check it out for yourself you lazy bum. lol
If you want to play Pantera why not just tune to whatever their using?
CADGBE

Neon - John Mayer
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com
neon is a awesome song,a bit hard tho,but yea i didnt think aboutr children of bodom..and if you try neon,make sure you are very good at slap/picking guitar

Private in the 7>6

St. Anger anyone?

(runs)

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Quote by King ofKumbucha
The whole Far Beyond Driven Album is Tuned in some form of C... can't remember what exactly but check it out for yourself you lazy bum. lol

isnt it C sharp standard?
children of bodom's older stuff is in full step down i think.
their "are you dead yet?" album was in drop C im told...
Top lel.
Quote by epy
CADGBE

Neon - John Mayer

thats what I was going to say. Thats a tough one though, so fast and weird. But sounds amazing, one of my favorite of his.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Atreyu
Children Of Bodom
Killswitch Engage

and like the guy above me said, C can be played in drop d and vice versa so bands like lamb of god, avenged sevenfold, trivium etc will most likley work aswell
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
CONVERGE

You don't get much cooler than playing The Boken Vow perfectly really quickly on stage.
any and everything buy bullet for my valentine is in Drop C, same as most of the stuff by as i lay dying....and most of the Children Of Bodom songs i've heard are 1 step down....and for songs that are 1 step down, most motley crue songs are 1 step down
Quote by onemanarmy9
ok, almost every Children of Bodom song I've found is in drop C. A lot of Numetal stuff is also in drop C or even drop B. Sorry for not having many specific songs, but I normally stay in E, Eb, D and Db lol.

All of Are You Dead Yet? is in Drop C. From Hate Crew Death Roll, Angels Don't Kill and Sixpounder are in Drop C. Everything else on HCDR is in D standard. Follow the Reaper and Hatebreeder are in D standard. Something Wild is in C# Standard. VERY low tuning.
High as tits