Page 1 of 2
Anyone get to try the Line 6 Spider III 75 combo amp yet?

How is it?

I just saw it on this weeks guitar one award for Comcast and I really liked the sound.
I went to the music stores around here and none have the amp.

For $300 it's a great price.
Most people on this forum will tell you it sucks, but I think it's a very nice amp for the price. You won't make it sound like a real tube amp with 1000$ of effects on top of it, but you can get some very decent tones with it, and all the versatility you could ever want.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
yeah ive got a Spider II 212, the spiders are the most underrated amps ever.

they wont let you down unless you hate digital sounds, or plan to plug it into loads of speakers and play at massive venues.
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
3 words:

Dont
Buy
It
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
3 words:

Dont
Buy
It

see, this is a clear example of a "fashion guitarist": ie: listens to yngwmie malmsteem, steve vai, etc "because they're really fast", hates digital amps, hates indie music, etc, mainly because this is the current "fashion trend" at UG.

dont listen to these people. someone once said: "Ug is full of fake wannabe guitarists who convince themselves that theyre steve vai so they can get a boner"

very true.

get the spider unless you can find an amazing valve amp for a similar price. thats my advice
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Quote by slash-120
^+1

like id like to see how many people have actually played an MG

I bet most of the people who bash them have never tried one

Well, unlike the Spider, an MG is a pretty plain boring amp without any special features, and there's plenty of other options out there that rival the quality at a lower price. But since this is a thread about Spiders, let's keep it that way.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
so far only 2 people have badmouthed it. one got owned (by me, my very first "own" on UG ), and the other one just stated the generic "lets say spiders arnt very good" paragraph, so i'd say this is a positive thread for line 6
Quote by mr.happyman

FWIW, I have the Line6 Toneport, and I believe the modelling technology is the same as in the Spider amps. In any case the sounds you can get are pretty good, especially clean and high-gain ones. Tube crunch seems to be the weakest point, as with all modelling amps.
Quote by slash-120
^+1

My friend owns the half stack, I despise it...
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by jeowy
see, this is a clear example of a "fashion guitarist": ie: listens to yngwmie malmsteem, steve vai, etc "because they're really fast", hates digital amps, hates indie music, etc, mainly because this is the current "fashion trend" at UG.

dont listen to these people. someone once said: "Ug is full of fake wannabe guitarists who convince themselves that theyre steve vai so they can get a boner"

very true.

get the spider unless you can find an amazing valve amp for a similar price. thats my advice

hahaha you're an idiot.
i made this account a while ago and its all i could think of- and i dont actually like steve vai because he's 'really fast', or his music at all to be honsest, i prefer Satriani's style. I love songs like Judas Priest- Beyond the realms of death because they have FEEL.

now, what else did you say to make yourself look like a complete moron... ah yes. I dont hate indie, actually its quite fun to listin to with a few mates whilst round a house. i have a passion for metal music but its not so good to just sit and chill to.

Yes i do hate digital amps because they have no tone, it sounds like hermai li gone all wrong.

Spiders suck- they're tone is all digital- its similar to how much Marshall MG's suck, they just sound terrible- if you look back in my topics before posting you will se that i did a review of the spider III, Peavey Valveking and Fender Blues junior i think it was- so do you research before you post buddy.

Pwn't

Quote by slash-120
^+1

I agree- but have. my next door neigbour who i occasionally (wel...used to) jam with owns one, although i think he is getting a hot rod deluexe soonish
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Last edited by Yngwi3 at Feb 14, 2007,
Dont buy it is a great description of this amp. Ive had 2 in the past 2 months, the first being DOA as soon as a short board was added. The second which Ive had for 2 weeks has an issue with the treble cutting in and out, like turning the tone knob on your guitar up and down. There is also a noticeable time lag in the footswitching. If your practicing in the bedroom and dont need a midi pedal then some of the presets are really decent but the bugs in it just kills it for me. Im not a tone freak and use both tube and solid state and Im not b**ching about the presets just dont think you are ever going to play out with it cuz that wont happen.

My Rig

Mesa 2/90 power amps
Rocktron Prophesy
362 Sonic Maximizer
Eventide Orville Harmonizer
Jackson and Ibanez guitars
Quote by Yngwi3
hahaha you're an idiot.
i made this account a while ago and its all i could think of- and i dont actually like steve vai because he's 'really fast', or his music at all to be honsest, i prefer Satriani's style. I love songs like Judas Priest- Beyond the realms of death because they have FEEL.

now, what else did you say to make yourself look like a complete moron... ah yes. I dont hate indie, actually its quite fun to listin to with a few mates whilst round a house. i have a passion for metal music but its not so good to just sit and chill to.

Yes i do hate digital amps because they have no tone, it sounds like hermai li gone all wrong.

Spiders suck- they're tone is all digital- its similar to how much Marshall MG's suck, they just sound terrible- if you look back in my topics before posting you will se that i did a review of the spider III, Peavey Valveking and Fender Blues junior i think it was- so do you research before you post buddy.

Pwn't

I agree- but have. my next door neigbour who i occasionally (wel...used to) jam with owns one, although i think he is getting a hot rod deluexe soonish

i wasnt saying that your exactly the same as the stereotype i mentioned, im just saying thats the sort of person who came across to be.

its dumb to have a go at digital amps just because you personally dont like the tone. they do have a tone, just because they dont sound as good as valve amps doesnt make them crap.

furthermore, just because everyone on UG says that an amp or guitar is crap, doesnt make it crap. normally it means its really good.

EDIT: PS: dont go around calling people idiots if you're gonna say things like that at the beggining of your posts. you sound like a schoolboy who's just been picked up on a bad habit and is trying to make himself look like less of a moron
Quote by mr.happyman
Last edited by jeowy at Feb 14, 2007,
Quote by jeowy
i wasnt saying that your exactly the same as the stereotype i mentioned, im just saying thats the sort of person who came across to be.

its dumb to have a go at digital amps just because you personally dont like the tone. they do have a tone, just because they dont sound as good as valve amps doesnt make them crap.

furthermore, just because everyone on UG says that an amp or guitar is crap, doesnt make it crap. normally it means its really good.

EDIT: PS: dont go around calling people idiots if you're gonna say things like that at the beggining of your posts. you sound like a schoolboy who's just been picked up on a bad habit and is trying to make himself look like less of a moron

Well sucks for you, because he is completly right. Now I have nothing against solid state amps, in fact, my main amp is solid state. I've played with bands that use Line 6, bands of all different styles. And no matter what settings I've come across, they are complete utter crap. Due to my wide taste in music, I'm not even that picky with tone, and I still say that amp is complete junk.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by jeowy

Quote by jeowy

you're treading on thin ice from the start of your post dude

Quote by TehNez
Well sucks for you, because he is completly right. Now I have nothing against solid state amps, in fact, my main amp is solid state. I've played with bands that use Line 6, bands of all different styles. And no matter what settings I've come across, they are complete utter crap. Due to my wide taste in music, I'm not even that picky with tone, and I still say that amp is complete junk.

Thank You TehNez

Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

If you need a practice amp, just get the 15 watt version.

I've played a couple, and they sound *really* bad when you crank them, so I wouldn't use it for gigging.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
The Line 6 Spider is pants - it's Fisher Price for guitarists. It's aimed at the video game generation who want flashy lights and instant satisfaction at the press of a button. The Spider II had a "hidden gain boost" feature, and a trick to activate the noise gate, biggest load of crap I ever heard of...i don't want an amp with "cheat codes", if I want that I'll play bloody "Guitar Hero".

The amp is an instrument in itself, you have to learn to use it just as you have to learn to use your guitar - the Line 6 Spiders are nothing more than toys.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
The Line 6 Spider is pants - it's Fisher Price for guitarists. It's aimed at the video game generation who want flashy lights and instant satisfaction at the press of a button. The Spider II had a "hidden gain boost" feature, and a trick to activate the noise gate, biggest load of crap I ever heard of...i don't want an amp with "cheat codes", if I want that I'll play bloody "Guitar Hero".

The amp is an instrument in itself, you have to learn to use it just as you have to learn to use your guitar - the Line 6 Spiders are nothing more than toys.
hahaha yeah i never thought of that analogy but it fits it quite well
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

hey man, i wouldnt beleive the people that say it sucks..i would just wait until your music store gets one in. becuase everyone had their own preference when it comes to tones and sounds. me personally. I love my spider 75w. and with my band, it is plenty loud. to play over the drums and everyone else i dont even need to turn it over 5. so yeah check it out for yourself.
Member #29 of the John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub
PM IpodInaBottle to join

www.myspace.com/amunitionofficial

Gear
Fender Strat HSS
line6 spider III
Line6 Spider Valve HD-100
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss GT-10
It's funny how all the people saying "MGs are good" or "Spiders are great" own them...

And that most of the people who don't own them hate them...

Does that say much to anybody here?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
You'll probably also find that most of the people who own them are under 16, whilst most of the ones who don't and dislike them are slightly older and more experienced in such matters
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

^^ that people that know a good tone to a shit tone stay away from MGs and Spiders?
Quote by MrCarrot
It's funny how all the people saying "MGs are good" or "Spiders are great" own them...

And that most of the people who don't own them hate them...

Does that say much to anybody here?

+1 haha
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Quote by Hakanku
^^ that people that know a good tone to a shit tone stay away from MGs and Spiders?
Pretty much
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
to me it says that people who hate them havnt had much experience playing them

and therefore the main reason they hate them is because thats what guiatrists on UG are told to think by other guitarists when theyre quite new.

disgusting and shameful really.
Quote by mr.happyman
Quote by slash-120
^+1

But I own one, so I can bash it all I want to.
Quote by moody07747
ok so the MG and spiders are out

what about an amp better than that for around $500?

GODDAMIT!

for Gods sake, dont you understand, just cos loads of people say something is crap on UG doesnt make it bad

seriously, try it first
Quote by mr.happyman
for Gods sake, dont you understand, just cos loads of people say something is crap on UG doesnt make it bad

You're right, however the fact that Spiders and MG's ARE crap does make them bad. It's like when a woman asks if trousers make her bum look big - the only thing that makes your bum look big is if you have a fat arse, your opinion can't change that fact.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

you're right..I should try them out

the stores have some MGs around here and my cousins friend gigs with an MG

I always get bad reviews when reading up on stuff in this place..

as I said before, I'll have to try some out
Quote by jeowy
to me it says that people who hate them havnt had much experience playing them

and therefore the main reason they hate them is because thats what guiatrists on UG are told to think by other guitarists when theyre quite new.

disgusting and shameful really.

to me it says people who don't own them know the reality that they're crap, and people that own them don't want to face the fact that they wasted their money and are in denial.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by TehNez
to me it says people who don't own them know the reality that they're crap, and people that own them don't want to face the fact that they wasted their money and are in denial.
+9697567489586646849
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

^Haha. I bought a Spider II 75 about a year after I started playing, cause I thought it rocked. After playing with it for a month or two, I realized it was a huge mistake. And yes, this was before i joined UG, while I still had my own opinion. I'll just say you can do much much better for the price.
I'm with yngwi3 on this one.

Honestly, I admit...I havn't played an MG, but I've heard someone play it and it sounded horrible. Second, Yes, I Have played a line 6 spider numerous amounts of time and I thought it was great at first...but after hearing other amps at lower prices that actually sounded...well BETTER! I started to despise them, they also sound VERY digital--that's a fact.

I'm sorry some of you people think that UG'ers are posers trying to act like vai or whatnot (that's one of the most idiotic things I have ever heard). And you know, that may be true for some cases here, but other people (In the people who you should listen to list) Actually KNOW what they're talking about...so maybe it's your best bet to ask them.

If you have played a line 6, mg, avt, or whatever! And you like the tone out of it and it makes you happy, well, more power to you. We're just trying to help you make a BETTER choice out of it.

Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by TehNez

You honestly don't know how true that is.

That's worth a sig...but I don't have room so.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
I'm with yngwi3 on this one.

Honestly, I admit...I havn't played an MG, but I've heard someone play it and it sounded horrible. Second, Yes, I Have played a line 6 spider numerous amounts of time and I thought it was great at first...but after hearing other amps at lower prices that actually sounded...well BETTER! I started to despise them, they also sound VERY digital--that's a fact.

I'm sorry some of you people think that UG'ers are posers trying to act like vai or whatnot (that's one of the most idiotic things I have ever heard). And you know, that may be true for some cases here, but other people (In the people who you should listen to list) Actually KNOW what they're talking about...so maybe it's your best bet to ask them.

If you have played a line 6, mg, avt, or whatever! And you like the tone out of it and it makes you happy, well, more power to you. We're just trying to help you make a BETTER choice out of it.

haha yeap well said

Quote by Jinskee

i agree but i dont think i have room either

i like you haha
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

^

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee

it's all good
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey