http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250082606037&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=015

After looking around for other amps, trying things out etc. I found this on ebay.

If you ignore the p&p, seeing as I live about 5 mins away.

Is that a good price for the amp and cab?

I play mostly metalcore think As I Lay Dying etc., so would this amp be ideal or would I need some sort of overdrive? Or is it more suitable for other styles?

+if I didn't like it, how much do they generally resell for?

I've sent a message to the guy asking how old everything is etc. and also how much the reserve is.

So any opinions on this amp, the price and whether it can do those tones?
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

You might need a boost for those tones. Although, it might be able to do it alone. I like the 900 more but, for those tones a dsl might be better. If you get a dsl put a fan next to it, they heat up like crazy.
get this, buy a Boss Ge-7 and put it through the effects loop and youll be set.

-Axeslinger01
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
Quote by metal Lover
You might need a boost for those tones. Although, it might be able to do it alone. I like the 900 more but, for those tones a dsl might be better. If you get a dsl put a fan next to it, they heat up like crazy.

I already tried a DSL and it was pretty nice, so I'll check out prices that too, thanks, so you'd recommend a DSL over this for those tones? Is it more modern voiced?
Quote by slash-120
F*** that seller is out of his mind

with a cab aswell

There is a reserve though
Quote by axeslinger01
get this, buy a Boss Ge-7 and put it through the effects loop and youll be set.

-Axeslinger01

Why a GE-7? Would it definately need an EQ?

Quote by ETHANEVIL

mmm... the cab is worth more than the selling price (well, if that's like $200 dollars it would be)
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
i see some people dont know shit about ebay. . .

that price will go up, guaranteed, best way to see about how much it will cost is look in completed items.

but if he was asking 127 pounds for that, and it wasnt on ebay, then yes, thats a good deal
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by metal Lover
Yes, even though the 900 has a smoother tone.

Hmm, thanks for info, I guess I've got more options than I originally thought.
Quote by tubadude
i see some people dont know shit about ebay. . .

that price will go up, guaranteed, best way to see about how much it will cost is look in completed items.

but if he was asking 127 pounds for that, and it wasnt on ebay, then yes, thats a good deal

I'm aware of how ebay works, and I know it's bound to go up, but I was looking more for opinions on the tone of it etc.

There are other auctions listed with the same/similar amps for around the same price, it's just that I wouldn't have to pay p&p on this one, and am therefore using it as an example.

Quote by ETHANEVIL

Quote by Sora 01
equilizer in the effects loop makes a big diffrence but for some of those tones i think youll need an od in front of the amp

So it could get those tones?

I'm after a really tight heavy As I Lay Dying type tone.

+I see you've got the amp I'm looking at basically, what kind of music do you play?

Quote by ETHANEVIL

Oh yeah thanks!

Sounds pretty nice, is that with the OD in front?

Quote by ETHANEVIL