Ok, I'm 15 and still don't really have much of an idea of what I want to be. I'm going to go to college, I know that much. Since I play guitar and am fascinated by making things, fixing things, and figuring things out I thought of an amp technician or luthier. What are some guitar/music jobs that you guys know of that would pay enough for me to support my guitar gear aqcuisition syndrome and a family when I'm older? Thanks.
Brad

Black Schecter Omen 6
Mitchell MD-100S Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112 with JJ's and V30
Roland Micro Cube
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ
*Soon to Come*
Jackson USA SL2H
Peavey 6505+
Last edited by Xeroxed at Feb 14, 2007,
Session player
Liberation Minister of the UK Price War Army. PM Felkara to join

Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
You idiot....you set your hair on fire for a dollar.

Did you buy some intelligence afterwards??
Don't mean to seem like an impatient post happy person, but I don't want this thread to get too far beack and not get noticed, so bump.
Brad

Black Schecter Omen 6
Roland Micro Cube
*Soon to Come*
Jackson USA SL2H
Peavey 6505+
You can probably make a decent living as a luthier.
It's probably hard to get it started, but once you make yourself a name and all that jazz, i'm guessing you can make a lot of money. Custom handmade guitars are usually expensive as hell.
Build your own guitar, become famous and sell the design to a big company or start your own?
well it depends where you go to school, what you study, and what you want to do.. sure you could take music industry classes at college, you can take music performance, you could take anything you want. but it all depends: where can you really eveng et a job, and how can you do it. dont worry about it now anyway you're 15
Quote by Muphin
Dentist

wtf
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by MetalMessiah665
wtf

You know it.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
you should be an engineer. fixing things and building stuff - exactly what an engineer does. just specialize in an area that could get you into guitar.
Current:
Yamah Pacifica 112 (vintage white)
Fender PT-10 Tuner
Voodoo Lab Superfuzz
Crate MX15R
Future:
Fulltone OCD
Fender TC-90?
Quote by afroboy
you should be an engineer. fixing things and building stuff - exactly what an engineer does. just specialize in an area that could get you into guitar.

...Audio Engineer?

Pretty much my dream job... Next to successful composer of course.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Im going into recording and producing (well, you know if the whole famous rock star thing doesnt pan out )

I spent a year and a half in engineering but I just hated it. So I switched out this semester and my knew plan is something in recording or producing
Quote by lefty_strat_str
Only buy guitars that have had their wood harvested from the north side of the tree, during the summer solstice, by virgin druids suffering from dwarfism. Next stupid question, please.
Well I talked to my guitar teacher about session work and he said it's really hard to get started since you need to make a name, but once you get good, session players can make a decent amount of money.

Or yeah go into producing or something of that nature.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Thanks, any more?
Brad

Black Schecter Omen 6
Roland Micro Cube
*Soon to Come*
Jackson USA SL2H
Peavey 6505+