What is characteristic about the way B.B. King writes blues? Mostly twelve-bar blues? Basically : what kind of blues does he play?

I don't need stuff that contains anything that has to do with how he solos etc.
I've got that all covered

Thanks in advance
The only B.B King song that isn't in the 12 bar form that comes to mind is "The Thrill is Gone". As for a specefic style, he developed it from different styles he was exposed to growing up. I remember watching an interview once and he said that he was influenced alot by gospel music, which is evident in his music. (to an extent anyway). Thats about all i know. Someone older and wiser will tell you more.
Quote by hamacker
The only B.B King song that isn't in the 12 bar form that comes to mind is "The Thrill is Gone". As for a specefic style, he developed it from different styles he was exposed to growing up. I remember watching an interview once and he said that he was influenced alot by gospel music, which is evident in his music. (to an extent anyway). Thats about all i know. Someone older and wiser will tell you more.

Actually, I do believe The Thrill Is Gone is in the 12 bar blues
Wasnt there just a thread on wether or not The Thrill Is Gone is 12-bar blues? Infact, its still fresh on the main page. I feel like its just the same threads being made over and over again lately...

EDIT: Wait, it was YOU who made that other thread, Simon4392. Come on man.. keep your discussions in the same thread. Dont start a new thread if you're still talking about the same topic.
Last edited by SuburbanCowboy at Feb 15, 2007,
Quote by ledhed68
Actually, I do believe The Thrill Is Gone is in the 12 bar blues

It is. I haven't looked at it in a while actually. I thought i remembered somthing about my guitar teacher telling me it wasn't back when i still took lessons. But its great to know that i have made a great first impression on all of you .
it might be 12 bars, but its not a I IV V progression. im not sure without listening to the song, but i think the turn around, in the key of Am is, (though im not even sure of the key,) F7, E7, and Am.