Page 1 of 2
So I was listening to the wall the other night, and started wondering what's really in those voice-overs, specifically the spoken stuff you hear in the segues.

Does anyone know what movie is playing in the background of the segue leading into "One of my Turns" Not the "Oh my gosh what a fabulous room" person, but the sound of a television.
[Film: "I'll have to find out from Mrs. Bancroft what time she wants to meet us, for her main ..."]
[Film: "If you'll just let me know as soon as you can ... Mrs Bancroft" "Mrs Bancroft ..."]

Does anyone know what this is from, so what Pink is supposedly watching?

Ditto for the ones at the begining of "Is There Anybody out There?" along the lines of "isn't it dangerous to travel before sunlight?" "it'll be a lot more dangerous to wait"

Does anybody know this little bit of trivia? I can't seem to find it, just a transcript, but nothing saying what it's from.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
Quote by iforgot539
So I was listening to the wall the other night, and started wondering what's really in those voice-overs, specifically the spoken stuff you hear in the segues.

Does anyone know what movie is playing in the background of the segue leading into "One of my Turns" Not the "Oh my gosh what a fabulous room" person, but the sound of a television.
[Film: "I'll have to find out from Mrs. Bancroft what time she wants to meet us, for her main ..."]
[Film: "If you'll just let me know as soon as you can ... Mrs Bancroft" "Mrs Bancroft ..."]

Does anyone know what this is from, so what Pink is supposedly watching?

Ditto for the ones at the begining of "Is There Anybody out There?" along the lines of "isn't it dangerous to travel before sunlight?" "it'll be a lot more dangerous to wait"

Does anybody know this little bit of trivia? I can't seem to find it, just a transcript, but nothing saying what it's from.

Yeah they were actual TV shows... There was a website that talked about this and a bunch of other stuff in the wall pretty deeply... I don't remember what it is though.. I'm sure someone knows.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
Quote by guitar?
Pink Floyd sucks.

... you're a funny guy you know that? I've never heard anything so ridiculous. Thanks for the laugh.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Quote by guitar?
Pink Floyd sucks.

Cool. Thanks for the helping the guy answer his question.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
in "empty spaces" the voice over's a message if you play it backwards
something like " congratulations you have just discovered the hidden message..please send your answer to Old Pink, courtesy the funnyfarm,chalfont."
some of the stuff is from TV shows, some of it was recorded for the album and ended up being acted out in the movie.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by guitar?
Pink Floyd sucks.

You should be banned just for saying something this stupid.
The Wall = a masterpiece.

I think I listened to it 4 times in the last 5 days. And Dark Side, and Animals...mmmm
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)
Quote by Archaon
You should be banned just for saying something this stupid.

But is perfectly okay when people say "punk rock sucks" or "nirvana sucks"?
Quote by guitar?

Yes. It is also perfectly okay when you say pink floyd sucks, just find a better place to do it.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
Quote by guitar?

Yes. Perfectly okay. In fact, commendable.

Actually, I was saying it was stupid because you offered absolutely no reason as to why Pink Floyd sucks, as you say. If you explained your reasoning, I would have no beef. Some people love it, some don't. But to say they suck with no explanation really does deserve a banning.
Quote by guitar?

nirvana sucks.
Quote by Archaon
Yes. Perfectly okay. In fact, commendable.

Actually, I was saying it was stupid because you offered absolutely no reason as to why Pink Floyd sucks, as you say. If you explained your reasoning, I would have no beef. Some people love it, some don't. But to say they suck with no explanation really does deserve a banning.

Bland boring music and is not even close to the dreamest music out there yet everyone thinks they are.

My opinion on Pink floyd will change as soon as Kevin Sheilds gets his god damn respect!
Wikipedia.

/stating the obvious

They have a full page with all kinda of analysis on the Wu Tang's Enter the Wu Tang (36 Chambers), and since The Wall is a much more seminal album, it would probably have tons more info.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by guitar?
Bland boring music and is not even close to the dreamest music out there yet everyone thinks they are.

My opinion on Pink floyd will change as soon as Kevin Sheilds gets his god damn respect!

I disagree. No one thinks that Pink Floyd is the most "Dreamest" music out there. People like Pink Floyd because of the sound and lyrics. Not because someone out there deemed it as the "Dreamest" band ever. Disliking a band only because some other band didn't get as popular is about one of the dumbest things you can do. It's like a child throwing a tantrum.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
Quote by goods2006
I disagree. No one thinks that Pink Floyd is the most "Dreamest" music out there. People like Pink Floyd because of the sound and lyrics. Not because someone out there deemed it as the "Dreamest" band ever. Disliking a band only because some other band didn't get as popular is about one of the dumbest things you can do. It's like a child throwing a tantrum.

The lyrics suck aswell. Honestly from what I have heard they suck. The wall sucks.
Quote by guitar?
The lyrics suck aswell. Honestly from what I have heard they suck. The wall sucks.

Congratulations on having an opinion. Now take it elsewhere because no one cares.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
Quote by goods2006
Congratulations on having an opinion. Now take it elsewhere because no one cares.

I was only making a point how every thread that mentions Nirvana people say nirvana suck or thread that mentions punk, they suck punk sucks.
Quote by guitar?
Pink Floyd sucks.

Go **** a tree.

I'm listening to The Wall right now . I haven't really listened to all the little things in between, but I read on Wiki that in "Waiting for the Worms" he's shouting directions and addresses.
Quote by guitar?
I was only making a point how every thread that mentions Nirvana people say nirvana suck or thread that mentions punk, they suck punk sucks.

and you want anonymous internet attention loser
Quote by guitar?

one reason for that is nirvana fans post dumb shit like OMGzorz! curt Kobain wuz kill3d by courtney love! what do u all thik b/c hez like the gr8st guitarest ever and he wouldnt have killed hisself! whereas I posted a specific question about a specific thing.

and also because nirvana actually does suck.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
Quote by guitar?

They shouldn't. Unfortunately the ratio of Pink Floyd lovers to Pink Floyd haters is terribly biased towards the lovers. You will get the shit flamed out of you for saying pink floyd sucks. Not that many people go and say Nirvana sucks, but the ones who do shouldn't. Personally, I don't like Nirvana all that much, but I do respect them and listen to some of their hits on occasion.

Punk is a different story, punk is genre. There are a lot of people who would agree that classic rock sucks, but they would still pay respect to bands like Pink Floyd. Just because you say Punk sucks, doesn't mean that you don't respect or like some of the bands that are under the punk genre. So saying Punk Sucks is perfectly okay if someone makes a thread about your opinion of punk and/or punk band, where most people who make comments like that do it.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
Quote by guitar?

if you actually interpreted the lyrics then you would probably like them. and if you think of all the sounds and lyrics together it makes a great piece. the lyrics dont only say something but the music as well. now some songs i like alot more than others. and dont go off on nirvana to me, i like them. wish i could say the same thing for most punk rock but cant. i would suggest watching the movie. it is wierd but a great movie. but very wierd. and also the wall is known to be one of the greatest albums of all time.

p.s. try to know what your talking about before you say something. it helps. i know from experience.
like a chicken on a junebug.- coach teasdale

if you dont want to play basketball go to underwater basket weaving. coach teasdale

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer.
-- Douglas Adams
BACK TO THE TOPIC AT HAND: Im not too sure what the little voice overs are about, nor where they come from (so helpful, i know) your best bet would be wikipedia, they have a lot of random trivia like that.

Also while i respect your opinion, Nirvana dont suck. They're music may be something that you dislike but in essence the music is good, nothing sucks, regardless of your views [and that includes guitar?'s views on Pink Floyd]

ps giutar? go and f!@# yourself in a nice way, preferrably in another post somewhere far away from here
My Gear (its soo lame )

Lindo Flame-Out, black
2x single 1x double hum. coils
Overlord of Music floyd-rose style bridge
locking nut (oh yea!!)
---
Squire SP10 Amp
Danelectric Fab metal dist.
DigiTech RP80 effects modeller
BACK TO THE TOPIC AT HAND: Im not too sure what the little voice overs are about, nor where they come from (so helpful, i know) your best bet would be wikipedia, they have a lot of random trivia like that.

Also while i respect your opinion, Nirvana dont suck. They're music may be something that you dislike but in essence the music is good, nothing sucks, regardless of your views [and that includes guitar?'s views on Pink Floyd]

ps guitar? go and f!@# yourself in a nice way, preferrably in another post somewhere far away from here
My Gear (its soo lame )

Lindo Flame-Out, black
locking nut (oh yea!!)
---
Squire SP10 Amp
Quote by iforgot539
one reason for that is nirvana fans post dumb shit like OMGzorz! curt Kobain wuz kill3d by courtney love! what do u all thik b/c hez like the gr8st guitarest ever and he wouldnt have killed hisself! whereas I posted a specific question about a specific thing.

and also because nirvana actually does suck.

Because, in every Nirvana thread, some Nirvana hater comes in and says something stupid like "OMGZ, guess wut hazz more brainz den Kurt Coban? DA WALL, LOL! Nd he totally killed himself, go fuxx urself if u disagree."

You could also try www.google.com.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Quote by LilVikingboy
The Wall = a masterpiece.

I think I listened to it 4 times in the last 5 days. And Dark Side, and Animals...mmmm

+1
hey stop fighting! I have an opinion we can all agree on: rap sucks, yay! Why? the usual reasons
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
Quote by suckers
in "empty spaces" the voice over's a message if you play it backwards
something like " congratulations you have just discovered the hidden message..please send your answer to Old Pink, courtesy the funnyfarm,chalfont."

that is correct...http://jeffmilner.com/backmasking.htm go here and pick empty spaces on the side and you can play it forwards and backwards adn you can hear it.
Quote by ironman45
hey stop fighting! I have an opinion we can all agree on: rap sucks, yay! Why? the usual reasons

Now we don't all agree on that. Nice of you to open an over-done argument up all over again.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by raise_the_dead
Now we don't all agree on that. Nice of you to open an over-done argument up all over again.

Lets just move on with our lives.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
something i think we can agree on is that Guitar? is stupid lol
My Gear (its soo lame )

Lindo Flame-Out, black
locking nut (oh yea!!)
---
Squire SP10 Amp
Quote by guitar?
Pink Floyd sucks.

I love how you're banned.

EDIT- Oops. Don't mind me. Just beating a dead assfuck with a stick.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by guitar?

nirvana does suck lol tell me how kurt cobain is the 12th greatest guitarest ever please?

punk rock is amazing though i love it and pink floyd is my favorite band so idk what your trying to prove

to get back on topic go to classic rock and look for the only pink floyd thread braindamage and the hearbreaker and a few other guys know ALOT about pink floyd and they can help you plus i love the wall and wanna learn as much as i can about it
Member #5 of the Red Sox fan club. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by thebrewfan
Once I saw someone try to seriously give someone "the vulcan death grip". That was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen until I saw this thread.
Page 1 of 2