Recently my two lowest strings have been buzzing badly when pressed on the 2nd or 3rd fret. I figure it's just because I haven't changed my strings for...well since I bought them in September. Now, I've never changed strings before(electric or acoustic), so this was my first time. I think I did it correctly, maybe not 100% but I don't think I messed it up. My two lowest strings STILL buzz on the 2nd or 3rd fret. Though mostly the 2nd.

Now I thought maybe it's because of the action. I have an Art & Lutherie Solid Cedar Top acoustic. The action has always been low, but I like low. If it's a bit higher it'd be much harder for me to play. But it went from Sept. - end of Jan without this buzzing, so I find it hard to believe it's just now the action.

Any thoughts? Help?
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)
It could be that your truss rod is too tight, or it could be that it's winter and the humidity is low. Loosen your truss rod 1/4 turn and leave it for a day. If you still get buzz then try add some humidity. It that doesn't help then it's possible you need a fret dressing, but given that you are on your 1st string change I doubt you have worn the guitar down enough to need a fret dressing.
Not taking any online orders.
You need to understand a some things about action and neck relief:

1. "Action" is defined as the distance between the strings and the 12 fret (for simplicity measured from the 6th string). This action is adjusted by means of adjusting the height of the saddle (not the bridge).

2. "First fret action" as measured from the strings to the first fret - this is adjusted by way of the string slots at the nut.

3. Neck relief which is a measure of the curvature of the neck and is adjusted by means of the truss rod internal to the neck.

The playability, and to a large extent, the sound of an acoustic guitar is determined by these three factors. String buzz indicates that one, or all, of these factors is/are incorrectly adjusted.

Getting this sorted for a competent player is very easy and is often carried out by the player concerned. If you are inexperienced then getting the assistance of a trusted friend, or failing that, the guitar technician at a reputable store is the way to go.

But do take out the paper strips.

For more information on string buzz, I commend this site to you:

http://www.frets.com/FRETSPages/Luthier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzintro.html
it could be from the weather, in the winter my guitar buzzes too. You can get around this by buying a humidifier for your guitar, just store the guitar in the case and throw the humidifier in there. It has helped for mine.
Mine has the same problem. I just took it into the music store and they said it was a common problem and the technician should be able to fix it without much trouble.