Okay, i know there are a fair few threads on Floyd Rose bridges but i havent found an answer to my dilemma, so here goes...

Right, i can tune it perfectly etc but its the damned 'floating' bit thats getting me.
Basically when the strings are under tension (aka tuned) the bridge is pulled all the way toward the neck. This stops me being able to use the tremelo properly (cant flatten notes). Ive stuck an extra spring in the back but it hasnt made much of an improvement.

The bridge position also raises the strings a fair amount higher than id like (its about 1cm off of the fretboard at the 24th fret) and about 4/5mm off the first.

any help would be great
My Gear (its soo lame )

Lindo Flame-Out, black
2x single 1x double hum. coils
Overlord of Music floyd-rose style bridge
locking nut (oh yea!!)
---
Squire SP10 Amp
Danelectric Fab metal dist.
DigiTech RP80 effects modeller
floating means you have to match the tension of the springs in the back to the strings.
you have to keep adjusting them tell the bridge is horizontal
Gear:
Ibanez RG320QS(For Sale) 275 shipped w/HSC!
My EVH Strat(for sale or trade) 195 shipped!
Meanstreet EVH guitar
Marshall MG15CDR Prac. Amp(for sale or trade)65 shipped!
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
*Coming* Crate GT1200H/G412SL Half Stack
I just went through this, three days of solid work...don't get frustrated. I was going through serious intonation problems. I play Heavy Bottom/Light top and had to go with 4 springs...also had to move intonation screws (they do do that). Did you screw in the spring holder more? thats one sure way to get more tension on the springs. Is you bridge sitting to high? this casn be screwedd down. Don't get greedy with the up bend...I had it going up a third but was busting strings. Step and a half now (but a perfect step and a half ). Just a fwe thoughts...I'd be happy to answer more.

This helped: http://www.floydrose.com/originaltremolo.html

Also a TU-2
Fixed it!!! just tightened the screws on the springs even more and its done the job, im now grinning like the cheshire cat lol

mmmm..... low action is mine
My Gear (its soo lame )

Lindo Flame-Out, black
2x single 1x double hum. coils
Overlord of Music floyd-rose style bridge
locking nut (oh yea!!)
---
Squire SP10 Amp
Danelectric Fab metal dist.
DigiTech RP80 effects modeller