I've been playing for about a year, and I'm just starting to really get into Tool and A Perfect Circle. Just wondering what some good songs to start with would be cuz the style is kinda weird to me on some of them. Thanks =)
um.. if youve been palying for about a year i recommend AEnima

pretty much the whole album
^ judith is a great song to learn off of just get a good tab for it and easy tool songs are like the bass line for guitar to schism and 46 and 2
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
^ Nah there is some tricky stuff on aenema! Just go for the songs I mentioned.
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Vicarious seems easy to me.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Lateralus!

Most Tool songs are pretty easy, if you've been playing for a year they shouldn't really be a challenge. Just make sure you are getting the rhythms rhythms right as they can feel very odd to play.

Of course, learning and writing a song are very different things. To write these songs takes someone very special!
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Jambi isn't too hard either. Just the rhythm is a little hard to memorize.
"Schism." I didn't have difficulty with it at all.

EDIT: But, since you say you can play it, try Lateralus.
LOL
"The Hollow" by A Perfect Cirlce. I've only been playing for about a year and I learned it a couple days ago. The tab looks difficult but you'll get the hang of it after reading through it with the song playing so you know the rhythm. It's fairly simple. "The Outsider" is another good one to learn.
I go with those that say Judith. Three Libras is easier than it looks too.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
The Grudge.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by cam507
I've been playing for about a year, and I'm just starting to really get into Tool and A Perfect Circle. Just wondering what some good songs to start with would be cuz the style is kinda weird to me on some of them. Thanks =)

Swamp Song
...but I would not want you any other way...
when it comes to apc, get the tuning right. 1 and a half steps down(c#). its been a commitment for me cause my band is covering "judith". "the package" is an easy one too. the tool songs ive checked out are easy (even though tuning back up to drop d is risky, unless you keep spare strings handy) but "the pot" is fun. sooo, you cant go wrong either way... lots o' fun
3 libras is ****ing easy as shit and amazingly helpful for finger picking and also singing at the same time and playing. That song ****ing trained me so much..
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
^ yes very good for slow alternate picking that can build up into faster alternate picking songs like YYZ
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
judith is probably the easiest
also if you can find the tab for the remix of weak and powerless (the aggressive version on amotion) it is easy as well.
don't be fooled by the guy above, the accurate version of the hollow is actually upper intermediate to expert level on the guitar (not the notes, but the exact timing)
I finished learning 10,000 days yesterday. Its fairly simple despite tremolo picking (which I've no problem with) and intimidating length, but what Tool song doesn't have that? But the point is, its pretty easy and I've only been playing since September of last year
Try learning Sober or Cold and Ugly. Those are the easier songs. But if you dig the later stuff from Tool, just go for it. It's never too difficult if you put your mind to it.
Lateralus is really easy. I can play it and I'm pretty bad at guitar. I always had a lot of fun with Rosetta Stoned, Prison Sex and Cold & Ugly, great rhythms and I perfected a few techniques like palm muting. Tuning isn't hard to switch to from standard. The reason I've never played any APC songs is because the tunings are too crazy and I'm too lazy.