so over these last couple days ive been playing a good amount, and ive noticed when i do big bends.. esp on higher frets my neck is shifting.. not in the direction the changes the action... but if you were to lie the guitar on a table.. the neck is moving left or right... not a ton.. but enough to knock it out of tune... should i take it back? (just got it for xmas from guitar center) or is there something i can do myself?

its a american strat .. bolt on neck.. if that helps

thanks
^That sexual ninja is right...... and sexy.
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
prob will do that.. when these 2 feet of snow tha are currently accumulating get plowed
I agree, check the neck screws on the back and if that doesn't fix it take it back and have a pro check it out.
If you just got it, there's no need to check anything, simply go to that GC and change to a brand new one. This time test it properly before taking it home.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
You can address it yourself - check the screws that hold the neck in place. However, if it were me and I just got the guitar it would bother me forever. What else slipped by quality control in getting this guitar to you? What other problems might you run into down the road? Personally, I would take it back and have them give you a new one. While you're at it, check the neck pocket of the new guitar for any gaps between the neck pocket and the neck itself.

Regards,

Rob
haha wat a piece of crap what kind of guitar was it?
IF YOU WANT PEACE PREPARE FOR WAR!!

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Quote by bvoets14
so over these last couple days ive been playing a good amount, and ive noticed when i do big bends.. esp on higher frets my neck is shifting.. not in the direction the changes the action... but if you were to lie the guitar on a table.. the neck is moving left or right... not a ton.. but enough to knock it out of tune... should i take it back? (just got it for xmas from guitar center) or is there something i can do myself?

its a american strat .. bolt on neck.. if that helps

thanks

Did you actually read his first post?
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
thats not a big issue dude. Happens all the time with bolt ons. all you have to do is kind of man handle it back into the correct position, and insert a shim of thin wood to keep the tension, and then tighten it really well. fixed the problem on my strat.