Ok, so im thinking about buying an american strat, but i justed wanted to know how it compares to teles, what the differences are etc. I am also wondering about what kind of music i can play on fender strats or teles. I like to play rock, but nothing too heavy, I DON'T PLAY METAL. I hear that strats are more bluesy an better for clean and soft rock, but i wanna know if i can kick up the gain on it without suffering quality. i also wanted to know if it would be a good counterpart to my SG special. maybe i can use the sg for the heavy stuff and the strat for the lighter stuff. I'm also wondering about which hum cancelling pickups are good for these because if i get one i am going to upgrade because the american strats only come with single coil pickups.
It's just personal preference. I've owned 2 Strats, including an American, and I simply prefer Teles. I think the 3 sounds you get from Teles are better than the 5 you get from Strats. As far as hum-canceling, you can get the Fender noiseless or SCN pickups, but I wouldn't recommend a stacked humbucker if you really want the single coil sound. You're better off sticking with real single coils and properly shielding your guitar.
Hi, I'm Peter
Teles kick the shit out of strats
[/spam]

Freeze...WTF?
Member #1 of the I Poker club. PM Highvoltage45 to join.
strats are for men, tele's for women. not really but my friend keeps tellin me that. theyare both cool for men. unless u get it purple/pink with unicorn pictures on the body, and rainbow inlays.
teles are uglier but more playable and better sounding
Quote by bi-ah!
this is UG
of course they're going to say
0H it'5 @ jAcK50l\l!??!?!
iT i5 TeH p\/\/naG3!!!

but yeah its fine
Quote by slash_angus_VH

im gonna have to disagree and say strats are pretty damn ugly.

anyways, get the tele you'll like it better, i have one and its the best guitar i have
Quote by flesh fries
"did it hurt?"
"did what hurt?"
"when satan piledrived you up from hell you bitch"

say that to a girl and BAM...immediate sex...or a smack

lmao
Quote by slash_angus_VH

Damn man... teles are ****ing sexy. I love em... though the those twin Custom shop Jaguar/JAzzmaster set in metalic sparkal pink if damn sexy... hottest gutiars ever.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by slash_angus_VH

and i disagree i think strats are uglier... so it's up to you on that battle.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Last edited by UnsignedRecords at Feb 14, 2007,
^^^^They are both ugly!! haha

I like Tele's a lot better tho. I think they sound way better, just IMO tho.
"When I was just a baby, my mama told me, "Son,
Always be a good boy; don't ever play with guns."
But I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
When I hear that whistle blowin' I hang my head and cry." - Johhny Cash, Folsom Prison Blues
i dont like how strats play and i could never make them sound good. as weird as that sounds

teles just always worked better for me. theyre so simple and yet so amazing
^ That sunburst looks terrible and in my opinion that configuration completely defeats the purpose of owning a Tele.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Feb 14, 2007,
YOU CAN PLAY ANY KIND OF MUSIC ON ANY GUITAR

go for: whichever feels better
Quote by Arlabester
i wish a strat and a tele had sex and sold their kid at a reasonable price.

'51?
Strats
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Strats. teles just look wierd and dont sound as good to me