Page 1 of 2
What are some of your favorite "core" songs to play?
peel money rolls 'til our thumbs get tha papercuts

only member of the dragonforce is homosexual club
I don't know what's core and what's not these days, but I do like playing Trivium's A Gunshot to the Head of Trepidation.
Shoplifting in a Ghost Town - American Nightmare
My Cross to Bear - Bane
Intro/Friends Like You - Bracewar
Ordinary Guy - Colin of Arabia
The Saddest Day - Converge
Dead - Converge
Shingles - Converge
Two Sides - Gorilla Biscuits
And You Know This - Mental
I Do My Crosswords in Pen - On Broken Wings
On the Attack - Shark Attack (on bass. such a cool riff)
BDM is fun as hell to play.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
Cedence, i'm likin' your choices dood....especially converge, i just found out the beauty in Dead and Shingles today while i was blasting them while in the shower. 2 great songs my friend.

as for me

Converge - Concubine, Homewrecker(my favorite), and a bunch of others
Comeback Kid - Wake the Dead
Neaera - Let the Tempest Come
Darkest Hour (i know, Melo Death) - How the Beautiful Decay
DH - With a Thousand Words, Sadist Nation, For The Soul of the Savior, Eclipse, Sound the Surrender, An Epitaph, Treason in Trust, Paradise, Accessible Losses (basically any Darkest Hour song)
See You Next Tuesday - 8 Dead, 9 Including the Fetus

the list would go on, and on
(with acutal Hardcore or other "core" songs)
yeah man, same. Wake the Dead is a fun one.

I like playing stuff off of Jane Doe, but I hate tuning down for them.also the lack of tabs. PTES is nice, because it's all in dropped D. Another good one off of that album is For You.
yeah i don't have that full one (sadly) i bought No Heros, Petitioning the Empty Sky, and When Forever Came Crashing, but i downloaded like 4 from Jane Doe about 2-3 years ago. By the end of March I should have gone out and bought all their stuff
Quote by StuartR
I'm about to have a Nervous Breakdown...

....my head really hurts.

28 nervous breakdowns by snapcase, that one's fun.
I play bass so theirs not much good stuff but
dogs can grow beards all over-tdwp
and gusty as the wind-maylene
are really fun to play
Anything by Avenged Sevenfold is relatively fun to play.

/hopes Metal regs dont see this.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Carpathian - End of the 1980s hahaha. Simple
As I Lay Dying - Confined
Carpathian - Holding Hands is for Girls

Throwdown, anything Throwdown. Hahahha.

Sorry, they're all too simple hahahah.
I jam to 1980's all the time, it's mad fun!!! also anything from the daylight curse, and their solos are great to learn too.
Last edited by DeadxWillxRise at Feb 15, 2007,
Morgan is sexy and makes me all soggy in the pants, too.

Pretty much only bloke to own a natural finished Ibanez withOUT a floyd rose! Hahah.

EDIT: Dude, just MOVE to Australia!
Quote by Gymmeh
Morgan is sexy and makes me all soggy in the pants, too.

Pretty much only bloke to own a natural finished Ibanez withOUT a floyd rose! Hahah.

EDIT: Dude, just MOVE to Australia!

That sounded wierd for a minute because Morgan is my girlfriends name and she does the same thing to me
BDM is very fun to play.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
I love playing anything by Chiodos. There's No Penguins In Alaska, No Hardcore Dancing in the Living Room, The Words 'Best Friend' Become Redefined, All Nereids Beware.
If we're counting Deathcore, I love playin Entombment for a Machine and Entities by JFAC.
Quote by saxaxe
I love playing anything by Chiodos. There's No Penguins In Alaska, No Hardcore Dancing in the Living Room, The Words 'Best Friend' Become Redefined, All Nereids Beware.
If we're counting Deathcore, I love playin Entombment for a Machine and Entities by JFAC.

Why wouldn't deathcore be counted.
scapegoat by the agony scene. our bands vocalist sounds alot like theirs and we jam on that song and just go nuts. its loads of fun.

also anything by august burns red, parkway drive, he is legend or misery signals is fun to play.
Quote by J Lock
Good.
Cause if not, we'd peer pressure you till you cried.
Then we'd bro-rape you.

Quote by LPIndin
scapegoat by the agony scene. our bands vocalist sounds alot like theirs and we jam on that song and just go nuts. its loads of fun.

also anything by august burns red, parkway drive, he is legend or misery signals is fun to play.

Yeah, my old band used to jam to that, except with guteral growls.
The Blood Brothers - Vital Beach is damn fun to play.
Wade in the water, child.
Quote by LPIndin

+1 for August Burns Red and Misery Signals.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
unholy confessions by a7x
lip gloss and black by atreyu
94 hours or minutes whatever that song by as i lay dying is i cant member the name
Heretic and killers -PTH
Vela- the human abstract
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Definatly "The Year Summer Ends in June" by Misery Signals. Its easy enough to rock out to but the time sig changes keep you from getting too bored
Quote by ouchies
Definatly "The Year Summer Ends in June" by Misery Signals. Its easy enough to rock out to but the time sig changes keep you from getting too bored

So true.
Quote by werty22

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
august burns red is fun

but i find myself just jamming out with have heart songs, sure they arent complicated but some of the chord changes and really fast and its fun to play.

the other day i pretty much went through every song and learned it by ear... so fun.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by Gymmeh
^Haha, how do you get tabs for that?

Although not 'core: Thrice - Deadbolt is fun ahaha.

i just worked it out from listening to it... i got the song mixed up its up to my neck i luv to play. that melodic metal riff in the middle of the song is a joy to play!

P.S. that demo is sooooo ****ing good!
Last edited by casualtyvampire at Feb 20, 2007,
Quote by casualtyvampire
i just worked it out from listening to it... i got the song mixed up its up to my neck i luv to play. that melodic metal riff in the middle of the song is a joy to play!

P.S. that demo is sooooo ****ing good!

I think i've basicaly ask the whole of Australia this, but do you have the red shore EP? I cant get it anywhere.
Quote by DeadxWillxRise
I think i've basicaly ask the whole of Australia this, but do you have the red shore EP? I cant get it anywhere.

nah sorry man i dont.

have u tried soulseek? theres bound to be someone on there that will have it.
You got a deathwish Johnny Truant?- The Fall Of Troy

What Sound Does A Mastadon Make?- The Fall Of Troy

Love Rhymes- Blood Brothers

My First Kiss At The Public Execution- Blood Brothers
Like light to the flies (trivium) is awsome to play with anoer guitarist. The octave slide with the rythm notes underneath sends shivers down my spine

But if your just jamming along with a CD, suffocateing under words or sorrow (bullet for my valentine) is way fun to play, and it makes not guitarists think your a good guitarist
dang nearly 500 views but under 50 posts...lame
peel money rolls 'til our thumbs get tha papercuts

only member of the dragonforce is homosexual club
Quote by guitarted
You got a deathwish Johnny Truant?- The Fall Of Troy

What Sound Does A Mastadon Make?- The Fall Of Troy

Love Rhymes- Blood Brothers

My First Kiss At The Public Execution- Blood Brothers

+1 for The Fall of Troy
Ghost Ship Part 4 is really fun to play too.
i is cool
Page 1 of 2