What are some of the good or really popular funk bands out there?

I really want to get into that genre of music.
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Team Orange

Quote by Ehh
You calling your parents assholes because they wouldn't buy you a phone with a camera? Maybe you deserve to have picks on your nips.
parliment
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
HAHAHAHAHA RHCP....no, its gotta be Parliament baby!!!!!
IF YOU CANT BEAT UM, JOIN UM....and THEN WHEN THEY ARE ALL COZZY, BEAT THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF THEM AND TELL EVERYONE YOU DID IT RESPECTFULLY
the older red ho chili peppers stuff, parliament/funkadelic, sly and the family stone, tower of power, James brown, sam and dave
early red hot chili peppers is legit funk...first two albums, a lot on the third , and some on the 4th and 5th
but funkadelic - an offshoot of parliament, and the ohio players
Quote by snwpaint32
HAHAHAHAHA RHCP....no, its gotta be Parliament baby!!!!!

Wouldn't laugh that hard. They used to be produced by George Clinton from Parliament / Funkadelic. Their old stuff had a good funk to it. Was it 'funk'? No, but for rock it was pretty decent funkwise.
I didnt say RHCP werent funk, they have some great funkadelic (also a good one) riffs, especially on Freaky Styley, i was just being an idiot
IF YOU CANT BEAT UM, JOIN UM....and THEN WHEN THEY ARE ALL COZZY, BEAT THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF THEM AND TELL EVERYONE YOU DID IT RESPECTFULLY
Quote by FLrhcpEA
the older red ho chili peppers stuff, parliament/funkadelic, sly and the family stone, tower of power, James brown, sam and dave

Words outta my mouth...
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Sly And The Family Stone, IMO one of the greatest bands in any genre, not to mention a great inspiration on funk.
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
I'm quite partial to Curtis Mayfield, although I'm not sure thats quite what you're looking for
George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic andSly And The Family Stone are both amazing. Check out Sly's "If You Want Me To Stay".
Ah man c'mon no one has mentioned The Meters yet. RHCP's best Funky cd is Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Quote by ollie09

victor wooten

he's amazing.. i saw him live last summer and he freakin' owned his bass!
member of The Yes Club
member of the Ten Years After Club
member of the Allman Brothers Club
member of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

member of the Grateful Dead Fan Club
PM deadhead313313

member of the Queen Fanclub!
PM Hanzi_G
Bungle, Incubus, RHCP, Parliament/Funkadelic, George Clinton, Sly and the Family Stone. The list goes on and on.
LOL