hey I have absolutly no musical theory whatsoever. I dont take lessons any more so no luck there. Is there a good book or something that teaches theory from the start( I mean the very begining)

Any help would be great.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
why does no one realize UG has a lessons page?
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Doodleface
why does no one realize UG has a lessons page?
Because UG'ers are generally retarded.
i got the idiots guide to music theory and i understood modes from that...but i knew quite a bit before that...but its starts from the beginning. i really think thats a good book if its explained modes better than my friends, but ya ug works too...
You could always look at books from the registry of guitar tutors. They've got tons of material for learning and improving guitar. I'm sure somewhere in their book list they've at least one on theory.
The first thing you HAVE to know is the major scale as all things come back to it as a reference point. Once you've learned it if you haven't already, you can then start to see the light. Also, if you don't know the major scale you will be playing without a clue to as what key you are in.

If the UG lessons don't do it you can try: http://www.fret-master.com/theory.htm as it really may help you out and will definately show you the kinds of things that are actually involved in guitar theory for example - modes, interval structure and even the chord scale can all be thrown in there.

Hopefully it'll help.
http://www.musictheory.net/

Look no further my friend.
Great lessons, all in easy to understand format, in easy to visualize flash format.
They also have great trainers you can use, from beginer to advanced.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
My dad has "Guitar for Dummies" or whatever it's called (you know, part of that series of books) and it actually seems decent. I haven't read too much of it, but it might be a good idea for you to drop into a book store and read ten or fifteen pages. I think it focuses a lot on chords, and then eventually gets into scales, modes, all that jazz. It comes with a play along CD, too.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
Quote by Pan-Tallica
My dad has "Guitar for Dummies" or whatever it's called (you know, part of that series of books) and it actually seems decent. I haven't read too much of it, but it might be a good idea for you to drop into a book store and read ten or fifteen pages. I think it focuses a lot on chords, and then eventually gets into scales, modes, all that jazz. It comes with a play along CD, too.

That's the book I used when I started, it's REALLY good but as far as music theory goes it's vague. It's more of a bare bones kind of thing that'll get you off to a great start and give you all the skills you need before diving into music theory.