Hey.

Alright, there are tons of those "teach yourself guitar" cds that come with crappy flash-based programs and a few chord charts. The 'really good' ones have videos and audio files to go along with them. I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a good one. I'm not talking about the basic ones. There are hundreds that teach you every chord in existence, but not a single one (that I've heard of) goes beyond that.

So, is there any instructional CD/DVD/Program that explores beginner soloing techniques and stuff like that? Everyone I know, including myself, is too poor for actual lessons. This would be a great substitute, but I'm tired of chords. Every one of them starts with the basic Cmaj/Gmaj and goes all the way to the exciting topic of "Barre chords". Yaaay. Do the instructional video makers not know how to solo?

Also, videos that are made by famous guitarists (IE: petrucci's rock discipline thing, zack wylde's pentatonic video, etc) usually start out at an incredibly advanced level, or they don't go in-depth enough.

Post any good materials you know.
(No books, please. It's not the same when you can't see it being done correctly)
Marty Friedman has done some good "teach yourself" vids. I can't remember the name of the one I have though, it's 2:18am, sorry.