At guitar center, there is a used Ibanez JS1000. Here's the link
http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=JS1000

It is discounted to $849, retails at $1499.

Plays like a dream and is perfectly set up. Only issue is that the back plate over the springs is missing and there is a pretty nice scratch into the wood and paint in the upper left "wing" of the guitar. just doesn't look pretty, nothing major.

Think it is worth the money?
make sure its an JS1000 and not the "100".

If it plays good, then get it
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
make sure its an JS1000 and not the "100".

If it plays good, then get it

+1. major difference in the two. if it is a 1000, get it, no doubt about it.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
my buddy has one and it really is a nice guitar. he doesnt play it much since he bought his 3500 dollar PRS, but i assure you its still a great axe. i'm not sure how versatile it is, but he could get a good 'punk' tone out of it as well as metal, and great clean sounds too.

looks a whole lot better in person too*
Quote by Kurt-Corgan
In gr.8 we got into purple nurples so much that the school would suspend anyone they saw doing it. We had really good aim.
Get it right away if its a 1000. Plus, verify the locking trem. If it's a Edge or a Lo-Pro Edge, no trouble, but if it's a Edge Pro, replace the bridge posts, there's one on both upper edge of the bridge. The ones on the Edge Pro are crap, I know many ppl that have been through because of the posts so get them change, it will cost about 30-50$ but it's a nice deal for such a guitar.
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp