Page 1 of 2
Pretty great Norweigian black metal at it's finest. I know there is a thread on them but one died completely and the other got way off topic. So try and keep this one clean. Thought of this band when frost was brought up in another thread and realized I havn't listened to them in a while. Discuss...

MYspACzoRZzzZ

Hellfire
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Ive only heard I Breathe Spears, and if the guitars werent so damn trebly and fuzzy itd probably be kickass
Member #2 of the "Eggnog > Humanity" club
^^Pm Scourge441 to join

PM MackDaddy or RhinosaurBones to join the Mortal Kombat Klub. That's right, Klub with a K.

Quote by happytimeharry
wow, is that backgammon? Now that's what I call fore play...
Only heard Sculptor of Flesh, sounds pretty good. Lot more like "modern" BM (ie. Rotting Christ) than the old, badly produced stuff..
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

I'm seeing them in April when they come here. Anyone seen them live?
I've found Jesus
Meh. Frost is one hell of a drummer, but that's the only real great thing about them.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by Contraband
I'm seeing them in April when they come here. Anyone seen them live?

Yeah, I saw em' once and i might swing over to the Seattle show. I liked em, pretty fun, it's always great to a see a good black metal show. Going corpse is a must though Oh, and I put a link for the album hellfire if anyone wants it...or I can take it down because it's a big no no
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I saw them a while back, I don't even like their stuff but I thought they were pretty kick ass live.
Quote by CaptainOfSmug
Pretty great Norweigian black metal at it's finest. I know there is a thread on them but one died completely and the other got way off topic. So try and keep this one clean. Thought of this band when frost was brought up in another thread and realized I havn't listened to them in a while. Discuss...

MYspACzoRZzzZ

Hellfire

me like!
I think they're ok.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Ooh very good. Are these guys signed?
(500 posts!)
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Great stuff.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Metal as it is, am I the only person who finds "I Breathe Spears" a funny name for a song?
Anyways, I've been meaning to check them out and I like what I hear, thanks for the links.
Quote by TheNthDimension
Metal as it is, am I the only person who finds "I Breathe Spears" a funny name for a song?

Certainly not.

Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Listening to their Hellfire album right now... awesome!
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
probably my fave BM band next to darkthrone

When I came near losing my own life
It made me learn the true meaning of a smile
Quote by walkinbazooka
Are these guys signed?

Rofl. Frost is in it.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Nokturnus
Hellfire is a back metal cornerstone

Hardly. It's pretty much the same ol' same, ol' classic black metal that you won't have any hard time finding. This might be because Frost is in it, but I don't know. Nothing special.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Hardly. It's pretty much the same ol' same, ol' classic black metal that you won't have any hard time finding. This might be because Frost is in it, but I don't know. Nothing special.

Haha. It's not amazing, such as In the Nightside Eclipse, but the drumming is superb, and there have been few black metal bands who could keep up their game this long. Most of the 2nd and 3rd wave BM bands either died off or suck now.
Quote by Nokturnus
, but the drumming is superb, and there have been few black metal bands who could keep up their game this long. .

Eh. Superb drumming can always be expected of Frost, as he's pretty much remained in 'ownage' mode, even when Satyricon began their long, downward spiral into mediocrity/suckiness. And 1349 aren't so old, I think their first demo was released in '98 or so.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Eh. Superb drumming can always be expected of Frost, as he's pretty much remained in 'ownage' mode, even when Satyricon began their long, downward spiral into mediocrity/suckiness. And 1349 aren't so old, I think their first demo was released in '98 or so.

For an aboveground metal band, they're keeping their style truer than most. Look at Satyricon for the opposite.
Personally I feel like 1349 is the product of all the worst aspects of Black Metal rolled into one band, that I really dont want to listen to.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
WTF? cubedeathk listens to BM?
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Hmm, what albums do you guys reccomend? All of have is Hellfire and I want another one, but I'm having trouble deciding.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

A monster of a BM band. Probably my favourite next to Emperor. They just manage to produce real raw and pummeling Black Metal that just sounds so damn fucking evil.

Beyond the Apocalypse is one hell of an album. Ive heard a few tracks off Hellfire and Ill definitely be getting it.
Quote by Nokturnus
For an aboveground metal band, they're keeping their style truer than most. Look at Satyricon for the opposite.

This be tr00.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
1349 is the year that the Black Plauge spread into Norway. Wikipedia "The Black Death is spread to Norway when an English ship with everyone dead on board floats to Bergen." Brutal.....
Edwards E-EX-105E Satin Cloudy Black Bareknuckle Warpigs
Aria pro II Black EMG 85
SX SB-301 Black Bass
MT-2 Keeley modded
Pod Xt
I kept hearing about this band from this one kid at college, he's obsessed with em. They are pretty good, but they wouldnt sound half as good without Frost IMO.
Quote by JimmyTheRipper
I kept hearing about this band from this one kid at college, he's obsessed with em. They are pretty good, but they wouldnt sound half as good without Frost IMO.

Frost is the cherry on top.

The whole band works hard.
Yeah, Frost is good, I believe that he they could have another drummer it would still be good. The vocals are great and the guitar is pretty original actually, which isn't said very often for black metal.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

Page 1 of 2