the only thing i changed was my guitar cable. from a 15 foot planet waves to a dimarzio 10 foot. would the cable have such a huge effect on the harmonic response and high end? my planet waves cable went south. gonna send it back, hopefully to get a replacement. only 6 months old. but jeez, its just a cable change.
my amp just sounds lifeless. i tapped on the tubes just a couple days ago and they weren't making any noise. strange though... i used to have a little snap, crackle, pop and fizz coming out of my speaker, no matter if anything was plugged in. and now, mysteriously enough, its gone.
i'm hoping this is just a cable issue. i'm gonna try my 5 foot planet waves cable next.
i'll get back to you about that one.
cables dont typically make THAT much difference. Both planet waves and dimarzio cables are pretty good and near equal in quality. The planet waves are still a bit better but not enough to make your amp sound that bad. try out other cables and see what happens.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
... George L's cables FTW
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
the sound is more forcefull with the 5' PW cable than with the 10' dimarzio cable. is it the quality or the quantity? meaning, is PW higher quality? or is it because there's more cable in the dimarzio?
Quote by Ibzman
... George L's cables FTW

who's george L? any more info?
shorter cables sound better than a longer cable of same brand/model. there is just less cable for the signals to get altered. as i said earlier, PW is a little better than dimarzio in terms of quality. so both shorter cable and better quality should make a difference.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
It depends on how much resistance the cable has. If the cable has virtually no resistance, it can be any length and sound fine. But yeah, a cable can make all the difference when tone comes into play.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
the dimarzio cable is quieter, i'll give it that. but is sucks a noticeable amount of tone compared to the PW. so maybe that makes sense.
just out of curiosity, how are wireless systems? does anybody really use them?
Wireless systems are great, if you are willing to dish out BIG bucks for them. Shure makes amazing wireless systems.
High as tits