What are some good songs for my band to jam to? We are a trio and we play classic rock, psychedelic rock, and blues.
Megan Fox nude!

Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE
use a 12 bar blues progression, and follow the drummer in terms of styles and rhythms, it's a really good listening/interacting excersize. Like go really slow and swing it to start, then build it up and take it faster with a more 4/4 feel, and bass the improv on the beats of the drums or bass. Then take it back down, while the guitar improvs, bass walks/improvs, and drums lead. My "band" did this a lot, and we got really good at just jamming over any progression from there.
The Allman Brothers Band - Jessica

It's a pretty easy song, but it sounds sweet and it's a classic.
Quote by cubedeathk

No my friends Dinosaurs walked this earth with Man.

hoohhkay.. lets break it down for u.. get a bunch of notes that the bassists plays over and over again(he can have a solo later)... and the guitarist solos.. the drummer plays along with a cool beat lyk dum dum chhhhsshh dum dum chhhhsshh dum dum chhhhsshh dum dum chhhhsshh dum dum chhhhsshh dum dum chhhhsshh
Quote by your mom
wow.. ggmIdas is so good in bed
Quote by your dad
basically, ggmIdas can pleasure the ladies better than me.. and he could totally kick my ass
What scale would the guitarist use for the solo in Jessica?
Megan Fox nude!

Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Does anyone know for sure?
Megan Fox nude!

Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

just jam in the key of A, or use the modes of A major for your improvisations.. there is also a tab on here of the song if you want to learn it. Good luck, it really is an awesome song
Trey is a Jedi.

Co-Founder of the Ten Years After Fan Club. PM me or TheHeartbreaker to join.

Member of the Grateful Dead Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join.

Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join.
little wing, in the key of E. super easy, super fun.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Just a simple 12 bar does wonders. And when I jam with a couple younger guys I often pull out Smoke on the Water. Now I know you are thinking that is the most overplayed song by all beginners, however, it is perfect when I play with these younger guys cause its easy enough for them to play over and solo.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
knocking on heavens door, four chords, u can play it anyway u want, insanely easy,
or
layla(electric) if u want a faster jam type thing
or
sunshing of your love by cream

cheers
Led Zeppelin - The Rover
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
It seems that you like the Red Hot Chili Peppers after you said Psychadelic rock so I would recommend looking into some other jams, i.e. pre-Californication on Slane Castle, intro to Slane Castle, etc. Also, try starting with a simple riff, groove, beat and building off of that. From there you can all build off that and keep a song going. Then every one can improvise whilst taking turns on solos. For the solo bits you can look at each other to know when to start and stop or just know when to go.