i have a marshall MG30 and i have to say its pretty good for what its ment to do, IMO .
it has quite a nice clean channel but the OD is a bit crappy..
but basicly it does what its ment to, and thats be a practice type amp for people that dont want to spend money on some big marshall stack or somthing..
it shouldnt really be compared to the sound of more expensive marshall amps,
to me it sounds just as good if not better than alot of amps in its price range..
although you probably can find better 30 watt amps for the price.

but in my opinion they are alright amps.
are u serious with this?

ur telling me, when u searched marshall amp and crap. u didnt get one thread on this subject?

also, if u want to say they are good for the money. then SAY IT. dont say, the od is crappy and it;s good for what it's meant to. just say, u love it and why or dont start a thread.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
are u serious with this?

ur telling me, when u searched marshall amp and crap. u didnt get one thread on this subject?

also, if u want to say they are good for the money. then SAY IT. dont say, the od is crappy and it;s good for what it's meant to. just say, u love it and why or dont start a thread.

*hands a vodka
*pats back

calm down jen
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by Neil27

to me it sounds just as good if not better than alot of amps in its price range..
although you probably can find better 30 watt amps for the price.

Is that, like a double negative?!
Because:

They're unreliable
The tone is pretty bad
They're overpriced.

That's why.

That's from personal experience by the way, not bandwagon jumping.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xMuJe4VIaE&watch_response

Dude, just listen to that ^.

*shakes head* It sounds so horrible. Even the guy sounded like he didn't like it.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xMuJe4VIaE&watch_response

Dude, just listen to that ^.

*shakes head* It sounds so horrible. Even the guy sounded like he didn't like it.

"okay, i'll see. But it's still a pretty good amp nonetheless. I'm debating on getting the MG100DFX or the JMC2000 DSL100, i'll probably try them before getting one of them."

That's a quote from the poster of the video.
^, I saw that too.

I mean, that dudes playing is awesome, but ugh, the tone is horrendous.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
They most likely don't have it miced right. I like the tone I get out of my MG, but to all who say there is such thing as a bad tone, there isn't. Tone is subjective which means it is opinion based and there are no bad opinions, just disliked ones.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Well a MG100 halfstack is 600, while a hot rod deluxe is also 600. That is the very essence why they are hated so strongly. While they dont suck complete ass, they are relative to their price range HORRIBLE. They are merely made so naive young guitarists will confuse what their guitar heros are using with the MG. Combine that with a shitty amp, and you got some goddamn discrimination. And rightfully so, the MG is pure shit compared to the HRD.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
^ That is also a head and a cab which has 3 more speakers and its a lot of wattage.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
Line 6 Spider II

Wattage dont mean shit son when it sounds terrible. In the MG's case, anything audible is too much.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
Now now, no need to get into a fuss. I think people are over-exagerating on how "Any volume for an MG is volume too much..."

I have to say, they do suck IN MY OPINION. You can do much better with the price, that's all i'm saying.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by SGStrummer61
^ That is also a head and a cab which has 3 more speakers and its a lot of wattage.

Yes because the amount of speakers matters when it comes to quality of sound.

Oh. No it doesn't.

The Fender amp rapes it. I have a DeVille... put an MG next to my amp (my amp has 4 10s, so suck it with your "DUDE IT HAS LYKE FOUR SPEAKERS!!!") and it will get raped.
^ Im saying cost wise you douche, not quality wise. People wonder why they are so called "expensive" yet, they aren't. They aren't all that bad and having a half-stack for $600 is a good deal for people on a budget. I myself, would rather get a Carvin though.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
Line 6 Spider II

But the problem is you dont NEED a half stack unless your playing to huge crowds, which would be impossible to achieve that status if one relied on an MG. 90% of the buyers are buying it purely because they want a 'cool' marshall halfstack, which is misleading. So for people on a budget, they should buy a GOOD amp instead of buying a BIG amp.
Hearinacabe has a point. +1 with him.

The other time I went with a friend to the shop, he pointed out an mg and said, "Oh look, that looks more suitable for my price, and it's a marshall too!"

I quickly told him no...and now he's saving up for a B-52 Combo! . Saved another man.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R