in a parking lot the ratio of imported cars to domestic cars is 3:5 if the lot contains a total of 48 cars, how many of each type of car is there in the lot?
18 imported
30 domestic
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
yeah, gamecube sucks, they only have baby games, like mario
You sir have no penis

Official Second Member of the "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club. PM jesusgonewrong to join.
18:30
Seinfeld
The Gear:
Fender John Mayer Sig. Strat
Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 60
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Tubescreamer
Damn right, I've got the blues.
Let I equal the # of imported, D the number of domestic vehicles.

I/D = 3/5

I = (3D)/5

I + D = 48

(3D)/5 + D = 48

3D + 5D = 240

8D = 240

D = 30

I = 48 - D

I = 48 - 30

I = 18

Therefore there are 18 imported cars and 30 domestic cars.

Edit: I know it's already been said, but if it's homework or something then your teacher, or even you if you actually wanna know the stuff, probably want(s) a full solution. This was the simplest and most direct I could think of, but it's math so there's probably another way to do it.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
3x + 5x = 48

8x = 48

48/8 = 6 , so x = 6

3x = 18 and 5x = 30

give a man a fish vs. teach a man to fish

Edit: dammit jammoe!
Last edited by Siftings at Feb 14, 2007,
Quote by Siftings
3x + 5x = 48

8x = 48

48/8 = 6 , so x = 6

3x = 18 and 5x = 30

give a man a fish vs. teach a man to fish

Edit: dammit jammoe!

No, yours is simpler.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"