just moved from wrong forum
Hi,
As you can read from the title i need a little help. I have been playing guitar for about 8-10 months (on a very bad acoustic) and ive been looking to buy a electric guitar. My reasons are every song i love and play on my acoustic is meant to play with a drummer and bassists so why not get one? I have a drummer and bassists and some money saved but i need help on deciding on getting a guitar.

I love classic rock..and im majorly influenced by led zeppelin, jimi hendrix, acdc , and anything nice from the time age of 60-79. Im a self taught guitarist who has been learning very fast from what ive been playing with. I do the whole solo riff guitar thing and i need a guitar which will suit me well. Right now i was thinking of the 'Gibson les paul studio' which i have played and loved but.. i have been having doubts about if it is worth it due to many of my friends saying most epiphones are just as good or even better for less.

I need some comments on some nice guitars that will suit the sound and style that i am into. Anything will help thanks.

Btw: i have 1,200 cnd to spend but i have still saving =D thanks
look into a gibson sg or an epiphone sg. or a fender stratocaster, those things rock hard and you can practically play any style of music on them. my guitar was getting fixed and i borrowed my friends to play because we had band practise and we play mostly heavy almost death metal and it sounded just fine.
Jackson Ke3 Kelly
Dean Exotica Acoustic
Gibson SG
Line 6 Spider II
Digitech Death Metal
Dunlop Cry-Baby From Hell

Soon to have a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
both the gibson les paul and epiphone les paul are great guitars, the gibsons are a little better cuz they are all mahogany, but the epi is still great, i have one and it rocks, the gibson studio is a great deal, but if u do settle for an epiphone make sure u get a standard and not a studio cuz the epiphone studio isn't nearly as good as the standard
For $1200 Canadian you could almost have a Carvin. Keep saving and you'll have something rediculously nice.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Carvin? Never heard of it! (hahaim dumb sorry im just on of those people who know name brand.. gibson, fender, ibanez, ect. sorry im a noobie ha)
get either a gibson or a fender, try to get a les paul with a bigsby, or else a nice fender strat, but then again, that's only if you like whammy and stuff like that.
if i had that money, i would buy the epiphone sg doubleneck and spend the rest of the money on an amp or effects.
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
well if you want something really nice look into a schecter c-1 hellraiser. nice ass guitar. or maybe a dean Hardtail. i played one and they sound really nice
Jackson Ke3 Kelly
Dean Exotica Acoustic
Gibson SG
Line 6 Spider II
Digitech Death Metal

Quote by grayfox1001
but then again, that's only if you like whammy and stuff like that.

you can lock the whammy out so its a fixed bridge..
Jackson Ke3 Kelly
Dean Exotica Acoustic
Gibson SG
Line 6 Spider II
Digitech Death Metal

Quote by roxorzroxz
Carvin? Never heard of it! (hahaim dumb sorry im just on of those people who know name brand.. gibson, fender, ibanez, ect. sorry im a noobie ha)

www.carvin.com

Fantastic quality as well as value. I wish I had one.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

Get a Gibson SG man it is not only a great guitar, but gets great sound, great looks, and will get a good resale price if you want to sell it, that is what i have and it is great
wingedgopher has a great idea.. if i contiune saving i can spend a crapload of money on a gibson les paul standard! (hahaha that is actually a cool idea)

the thing wrong with it is.. that will take like a year of saving but it will be worth it because no more upgrading...
Quote by roxorzroxz
wingedgopher has a great idea.. if i contiune saving i can spend a crapload of money on a gibson les paul standard! (hahaha that is actually a cool idea)

the thing wrong with it is.. that will take like a year of saving but it will be worth it because no more upgrading...

It is better to save up and get something you REALLY want. Just make sure you play the Les Paul first, there can be a lot of variation in their quality.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar

Quote by Bubban

Yes amp i know about... but i rather get guitar first... i can still play it regardless but if i get amp first i can.. turn it on and off for fun!

Yeah the thing is im a GIANT jimmy page fan... and i adore his playing and his guitar... extra like 1300 wont kill me but it will take a long time.. and will be worth i presume with nice resale value
Quote by roxorzroxz
Yes amp i know about... but i rather get guitar first... i can still play it regardless but if i get amp first i can.. turn it on and off for fun!

Yeah the thing is im a GIANT jimmy page fan... and i adore his playing and his guitar... extra like 1300 wont kill me but it will take a long time.. and will be worth i presume with nice resale value

You know he used a Telecaster a lot too.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar

Quote by Bubban

Quote by gibsonline6
you can lock the whammy out so its a fixed bridge..

well, if i wanted a fixed bridge, then he might as well go with the paul.
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
With that money you can achieve a great guitar and a pretty good amp. I'm a big fan of Schecter, you can achieve almost any tone with one of them. A nice Fender or Marshall amp could be nice. If you want a really nice guitar...I'm with the guy up there, Carvin guitars are spectacular. You can customize them really however you want. Just pure beauty.
yes i know about the telecasters (he used for first album) and i actually might look into it lmao thanks
but then you dont have the option of useing the tremolo when you like.
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
Quote by roxorzroxz
yes i know about the telecasters (he used for first album) and i actually might look into it lmao thanks

And the Yardbirds. I personally like them a lot more than Led Zeppelin.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar

Quote by Bubban

i hate what has become of guitars.. if you want a half decent one you have to pay so much...