Today i was talking to a girl that i've liked since i met her (last semester) and i finally let her know that i liked her...that i did since we met, but never told her cuz i was too shy and didn't wanna get in between her and her old bf nor her new bf. Well...she didn't freak out about it (i was surprised at that), instead...she said she'd be honest with me. Yeah...she told me she liked me too when we first met but didn't know i liked her back so she just gave up on me. We're both so dumb, if we hadn't been so shy we could probably be going out right now or something.

Anyway, my question is, has something like this ever happened to u? I first thought it was kinda sad/pathetic, then slightly funny.

btw...i didn't post this in the relationships thread cuz my computer's being queer at the moment.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
gave up on you? what the hell does that mean?
Praise be unto You,
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Creator of all

Stripper factories
And beer volcanoes await
In the afterlife
RAmen
Quote by MarkPlaysStuff

hahaha...means that she pretty much gave up hopes of going out with me

I really think that when to people like each other they both can tell but it is being able to accept it and confront it is the hard part.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
Quote by MarkPlaysStuff

+1

that sucks and yea im wayy too shy but im trying to stop that lol thnx for the story sorta inspired me
Member #5 of the Red Sox fan club. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by thebrewfan
Once I saw someone try to seriously give someone "the vulcan death grip". That was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen until I saw this thread.
People need to learn to take some initiative. If you start liking someone, let them know. If they're dating someone else, don't let your infatuation get too deep, because by that point, if you ever do get the opportunity, chances are you'll be too afraid of blowing it. If she's not with anyone, ask her out for coffee or something. Ask her if she's seeing anyone. Be casual, and grow a pair.

And yes, that happened to me back in the day. I offer you the same advice as was offered to me in that situation.
coughrelationshipthreadcough

god...i have elitistasshole-itis apparently
Quote by Silentnight66
Because this thread has Hitler and being hyper in it here's the fact of the day. Hitler was a meth addict.
lesson learned eh?

GO FOR IT.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
I always wanted to go for it..but she had a bf back then, and then now after vacations i didn't see her for like the first week of school and she got a bf during that time. She DOES KNOW that i like her, but i let her know that i wouldn't like to get between them two.

I at least deserve some credit for that don't i?

Well after being in the friends zone time after time i finally stopped acting like a wimp,being too nice and giving a girl tons of attention and now i do much better but still no gf. In the beggining of the year i met this girl and i sort of had a thing for her after a while, well not wanting to drift into the friends zone i planned on askin her out the next day. Next day rolls around and before i ask her out she askes ME out first. Needless to say i was kinda suprised so i said yes, then right after i said yes that stupid bitch goes "i was just kidding". That pissed me off so much. Once a girl starts playing games i stop everything im doin and just stop associating with them.
"There are two wolves fighting inside all of us - the wolf of fear and hate, and the wolf of love and peace." The grandson listened, then looked up at his grandfather and asked, "Which one will win?", The grandfather replied, "the one we feed".
Quote by evening_crow
I always wanted to go for it..but she had a bf back then, and then now after vacations i didn't see her for like the first week of school and she got a bf during that time. She DOES KNOW that i like her, but i let her know that i wouldn't like to get between them two.

I at least deserve some credit for that don't i?

Correct yourself.
Don't get between them.....

Push him out of the picture, completely. Then, it's just you and her. Find how they broke up. Do the opposite of whatever he did. That said, don't waste time!
Quote by suckers
Me in a nutshell

This is me in a nutshell: "help! help! I'm in a nutshell! how did I get into this nutshell"
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
that has definitely happened to me b4. I liked a girl freshman year, and she did too, but i didnt act on it cuz i was stupid. So, she hooked up with some guy she didnt even like who felt her up when it was her first kiss. I still feel so dumb. Not to mention I hooked up with the same girl last summer and called her, only to find out she didnt actually like me in that way. Aaarrgh!
Current:
Yamah Pacifica 112 (vintage white)
Fender PT-10 Tuner
Voodoo Lab Superfuzz
Crate MX15R
Future:
Fulltone OCD
Fender TC-90?
That kinda happend with me, cept visversa
it needs more cowbell!

Member #5 of UG's gain \/\/hores

Quote by lobster624
"are you an angel because i have an erection."
Yeah that happened to me, when I told her I liked her, she said basically the same thing. She did have feelings for me, but they weren't as strong as they were earlier in our relationship. I feel dumb for not telling her in the first place, but as I've said before, "There's no sense dwelling on the past other than to get yourself into a bad mood."

Don't fret over something like this, just have fun with life, and occasionally, look around you for someone you like. If you ask them out and they say no, "Oh well, move on." Its really that simple. Don't kill yourself because you get your heart trampled on a few times.
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
spent a couple of years best friends with a girl i talked to origanally cuz i though she was hot, anyways, one day we were trashed, and got to talking, and it was 'oh, you know i really liked you when i first met you, then i said' i was trying to get you into bed, and it turned out over the friendship she had tried quite a few times, only i was too dumb to notice, and the only reason i every found out she liked me too was cuz i was moving countries. DOH!!